Camping at Quartzite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to roast a hot dog over the neighbors' campfire. Need to use up that package of dogs.

I have two small batches of ginger beer brewing. Wish me luck -- I never did it where the weather was cool like this (as opposed to sweltering hot).

I also get to borrow a small instant pot to try making my regular 24 hour yogurt in it. I have no idea how much it will drain my batteries overnight with the pot set to 105 f. If it works, I'm def getting one. My Stanley Adventure Crock doesn't do a great job of retaining the water bath heat.

I made some pomagranite molasses this week. Made the scamp smell sooo good.

Making plain white sourdough bread for a change today. Next batch will be cheddar jalapeno sourdough. I don't know if anyone around here would like it. Hope I don't have to eat it all.

In these pandemic times, making interesting food and drink keeps me occupied. I have a magic baking muse that makes ingredients and accoutrements appear at my camp. She also lends me her beautiful and sweet doggo.

If anybody around here wants some of anything I made or am making, please just send a pm. I love to share what I make, but feel awkward about offering stuff directly -- like I'm pushing it.

Only reason this is in camping at Quartzsite is because I'm camping at Quartzsite!

Freelander said:
I’ll try anything you can make ???
Great! I'll get your phone number when I walk your bread over today so I can text you when something new is ready : )

I'm guessing the first batch of ginger beer will be right about Tuesday. If I'm wrong, I might have an explosion over here :0

Went to visit the London Bridge in Lake Havasu City.

Next week I'm going to Yuma to look at a few things there.

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpeg
    IMG_1258.jpeg
    398.6 KB
  • IMG_1259.jpeg
    IMG_1259.jpeg
    445.8 KB
  • IMG_1260.jpeg
    IMG_1260.jpeg
    563.8 KB
Ravella and X said:
Making plain white sourdough bread for a change today. 

I'll be making French Toast with some of this in the morning!!
:) :) :)

Freelander said:
I'll be making French Toast with some of this in the morning!!
:) :) :)
Yum! I had a slice with eggs on it for supper. And a slice with peanut butter and pomagranite molasses for lunch. IMO, meals sgould be fast and easy OR cooked outside when the weather is this good. : )

No cooking for me today, just samiches today. Dinner was cooked by my neighbors to the nort. He started his smokerr early in the day and we had pulled pork sliders. Some of the best from scratch baked beans I have ever had and green pea salad. That whole group of friends is pulling out Tuesday morning. Too bad they have been decent neighbors to have around. I do have an invitation to stop off att one of their places in Oregon near Portland and stay a week with hookups. Who knows if I get up that way I might take them up on the offer.

Headed toward Castle Dome Museum at Yuma AZ today.

Coldest It got to so far this winter in Quartzsite at my camp was about 34. The coldest hour in the 24 this winter just before sunrise around 5 or 6 am. So it is not that bad in terms of how many hours are needed to run a heater. So far if I was not set up for a good heater I could ha ve survived doing car camping with no auxilary heater. But not every winter in Quartzsite is going to be like that.

Just happy to be here instead of still in Seattle where they are going to have a cold week with snow accumulation possible for most days. Not that it is not a bit of fun and a break from rain as long as you don't have to go anywhere. With a lot of people working from home it should not be too bad for accidents.

Cammalu I see you're back, we were going to give your spot away!!!

Freelander said:
Cammalu I see you're back, we were going to give your spot away!!!

Jeezzzzz. I just went to get propane and dump silly.

^^^ Dog gone you are brave. I wouldn’t be taking any day trips for a while! Lol!!!

I have several day trips planned, I have at least 2 in Yuma to do.

Ravella baked jalapeño cheese sourdough bread today in her Dutch Oven. Yummy delicious. She has it down to a science!

5fcc9a78547d3d362c9c402f1d397e51.jpg

75941896c3796789c1c6db9111214890.jpg

If you are nice to her and ask you might get bread if you visit.

Latest posts