Camping at Quartzite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep the services are still open and some of us are still out here for a while. It won't be long before it will be unbearably hot.

jumindenver thanks for the update and I subscribed to your channel. Watched the Wind Turbine video. Nice video and also interesting to see the power tools you use.

jimindenver said:
Yep the services are still open and some of us are still out here for a while. It won't be long before it will be unbearably hot.

Jim, I saw online somewhere talk about installing showers and a much larger dump station in Tyson wash LTVA this year. I can’t remember where I read that but recall the guy said that a ranger out there told him. Seems a bit far fetched though. Have you heard anything?

I haven't heard anything about that. I can tell you that they put in a new vault toilet building where the porta potty was.

I do know that Imperial dam LTVA has showers.

La Posa North has portable toilets along the main road going way back int o that site. It would be nice for the van and car campers to have more of those at La Posa South so they do not have to stay up towards the front where is gets pretty crowded and has considerably more traffic on the road.

Q Chatter........Tommy Rock posted

""When I was getting my summer pass for La Posa LTVA today I was talking to the Ranger and he told me and confirmed that they are getting a new eight lane dump station at Tyson Wash plus showers. He also said that the paved road coming into La posa South is going to be repaved. So there's a lot of good things coming to the La Posa LTVA!""

abnorm said:
Q Chatter........Tommy Rock posted

""When I was getting my summer pass for La Posa LTVA today....
Wow that's a record, BLM sold a summer pass for the heat. Weather channel says the jet stream will dip this week so AZ low elevation temps mild (in the 90's) but freezing in TX again. Man your generators in TX.

Are those dwellers still at Quartzsite equipped with shade and air conditioning? Or are you the true desert rats? 
-crofter (slacking in the air con)

For me and most people we have become so adapted to Air Conditioning it would be nearly impossible to survive. When I was younger living in a tent in the desert I would have 3 to 6 weeks where it was impossible to get restful sleep during the hot summer nights. During the day you could find shade and water and it really wasn't to bad as long as you didn't have to exert yourself and had some air movement. You had to find a balance with water and salt intake as drinking to much water or to little would make you weak and sick. I had just as many problems adapting to AC when I was exposed to it after living in the desert. We get many people here at Bullfrog Utah that don't last the season doing outside work due to the heat even at 3600' elevation. Lake Havasu City seems to be worse talking to people that have worked there. It takes quite a long period of time for most people to adapt and as you get older even longer it seems.

abnorm said:
Tommy Rock lives there year-round without A/C.................
I'm in awe of anyone who can do that. 

Science Question for the day: can a solar flare wipe out individual solar panel installations, or is only the grid affected? I saw a video saying that the solar flare in 1857 had little effect since electric system (the grid) was not in place then, but it still burned down the copper telegraph lines. Solar flares supposed to be on an 11 year cycle.
-crofter

jimindenver said:
Hi Jim haven't ran into you the last couple of years, just saw you have a channel. Hope to run into you next year around Q

Latest posts