Camping at Quartzite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a little mud in a few places but not very much, some of the washes have standing water in them, the ground is mostly small stones, with a few rocks scattered around.

Since the cornbread was my idea I think you are a mail me a few crumbs at least. Getting tired of all this seafood here in Florida.

Well you send me some of that seafood, and we have a deal!!! :)

I have been to 3 different deserts and they all 3 are different, you would think a desert is just sand, but they are so much different.

Ft Bliss has a lot of really deep loose sand, and water will not pool up on it, and yes you swear there is a lake just over the next dune.

Ft Irwin is a lot closer to what I see here, except it doesn't all the little stones in the ground.

Egypt was different yet, you could get stuck, and the water did puddle up on the ground, and was more sand.

Cold here today and the wind is going to pickup at mid day. Not a great day for a outddoor activities due to the wind chill factor making it feel like the 40s range. I ewas just. Out to the car to fetch some things my hands would have been much better off with gloves on.

If I go out of my cozy nest it will be for a trip into town for a long hot shower.

Lacking in self discipline this week. I will blame it on the weather......hopefully the weather gods will ignore my libel and slander.

The ground conditiond
S of hard pack with snall sones isvone of the reasons so much free BLM camping is available around the town of Quartzsite. Not suitable for growing crops or having ant grazing vegatation as there is no accesible topsoil layer. Of course not enough rain either. No rivers to irrigate from, etc. But it sure does grow a bountiful winter crop ol RV campers. They grow them in lots of sizes including xx giant size.

Cold here today and the wind is going to pickup at mid day. Not a great day for a outddoor activities due to the wind chill factor making it feel like the 40s range. I ewas just. Out to the car to fetch some things my hands would have been much better off with gloves on.

If I go out of my cozy nest it will be for a trip into town for a long hot shower.

Lacking in self discipline this week. I will blame it on the weather......hoefully it will ignore. The insult.

Bullfrog ..our grog comes with a worm already in it !

maki2 said:
The ground conditiond
S of hard pack with snall sones isvone of the reasons so much free BLM camping is available around the town of Quartzsite. Not suitable for growing crops or having ant grazing vegatation as there is no accesible  topsoil layer. Of course not enough rain either. No rivers to irrigate from, etc. But it sure does grow a bountiful winter  crop ol RV campers. They grow them in lots of sizes including xx giant size.

Yea these come in al sizes, and shapes, some of these look to be in bad shape too.

Well I dumped my tanks and I hope I have fixed the leaky Black tank valve. I replaced it last summer and the rubber gasket slipped, if it leaks this time I will add silicone to it next time.

My puppy is in at the vet.  I'm in the car waiting.  I'm glad the vet is open, and also being safe.  Not being in there with her sucks.  She did immediately pee on the vet tech who came out to get her.

Thats teach that Vet tech for using that thermometer in her. LOL

Since the Ribs turned out better than I expected, I plan to Smoke a Meat Loaf this week, I made mine a little on the Hot side, I can tone it down a little.

Where can I find a sticker that says I have been to Quartzsite?

We have YARC stickers over across the road from you. You know where we are.

There are a couple sticker places in Quartzsite in the flea markets and there was a guy who made stickers with Quartzsite and a camel pic in the nekkid camp. It’s been a couple years but if you want I can take you to find him if he’s still there

I have stickers for YARC, I was looking for something that says Quartzsite.

Latest posts