Camping at Quartzite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, I didn't know you could get the heavy-duty velcro with adhesive. Sounds like the thing to do would be to apply the adhesive-backed velcro, and then stitch it down for good measure. Would have to test this though to make sure the adhesive wouldn't gum up my excellent sewing machine. Will research.

Come on over to my camp, I am going to be sewing on some ot the Velcro to my wind panels this week, possibly this Tuesday afternoon. I will most likely, if it is too sticky,  apply some wax to the needle and the thread. I have a small container of soft microcrystiline wax. But I also have a tube of pure silicone grease. Of course I can always hand stitch but of course it is much slower to do by hand.

I did get one of the sewing awls for lock stitching from the leather store by Dorothy and Totos ice cream. . Putting velcro onto the tent wall won't work with a machine unless you take out the tent framing pieces. The hand awl mehod would go much easier with the two partnering up one person on the inside the other on the outside. You helping with mine and me helping with you with yours.  video link for how those stitching awls work. Very handy for this kind of work on canvas.

No call to insult me. Tom Sawyer was trying to get out of doing any work. I am offering to work with someone.

maki2 said:
Come on over to my camp, I am going to be sewing on some ot the Velcro to my wind panels this week, possibly this Tuesday afternoon. I will most likely, if it is too sticky,  apply some wax to the needle and the thread. I have a small container of soft microcrystiline wax. But I also have a tube of pure silicone grease. Of course I can always hand stitch but of course it is much slower to do by hand.

I did get one of the sewing awls for lock stitching from the leather store by Dorothy and Totos ice cream. . Putting velcro onto the tent wall won't work with a machine unless you take out the tent framing pieces. The hand awl mehod would go much easier with the two partnering up one person on the inside the other on the outside. You helping with mine and me helping with you with yours.  video link for how those stitching awls work. Very handy for this kind of work on canvas.

I  can't do it today, but tomorrow or any other day this week, I'm open.

I've never used one of those awls, would be good to have  learning partner!

^^^It’s sort of like taking turns chopping vegetables while someone else holds the vegetables! Lol!!! Oh I’m sorry, did I poke you? Lol!!!

Sounds like a Chile kind of day to me!!

With or without beans??

I hadn't thought of cornbread. I may have to make another trip to town.

Thanks Shadowmoss for the generous donation of produce...........There's STILL vegies remaining in the box !

We fixed yellow squash on the grill the first nite..............

Then I tried PICKLES..........(not heat-processed just refrigerated)...........

$pickle.jpg

Peppers.......Yellow Squash..........Mixed Squash

Attachments

• $pickle.jpg
    $pickle.jpg
    148.7 KB
I made pickled Brussels Sprouts once, they were good!!

Freelander said:
I hadn't thought of cornbread. I may have to make another trip to town.
I have the cornbread ingrediants if you have the oven.  Sounds like a potluck dinner could be shaping up at YARC.

jacqueg said:
I  can't do it today, but tomorrow or any other day this week, I'm open.

I've never used one of those awls, would be good to have  learning partner!
I will have to do a bit of practice stitching with it. It has been some decades ago  since I had need of one. Usually doing canvas work projects from scratch or mending things like sail covers that can be done with a machine. But as we are both sewers it should work out OK.

maki2 said:
I have the cornbread ingrediants if you have the oven.  Sounds like a potluck dinner could be shaping up at YARC.

Well I do have an oven, I didn't see this post in time I already made the Chile and put away the leftovers.

You guys are gonna have to post a social calendar with a menu! Lol!!!

Bullfrog, you wont be allowed in. yarc camp with tbings croaking out of your mouth like social calendar.. that is the wrong kind of you just ain't right thinking.

Okay! Just keep sitting there beating the worms out of your bread and drinking your daily ration of grog! Arrrr!

Haha. It is about time for another potluck for sure.

Sis leaves tomorrow and if it starts warming I’ll be in the sewing tent.

Latest posts