Camping at Quartzite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It 3 weeks I'm headed your way!!

I plan to setup at YARC but I don't know where's its at, if somebody PM me the GPS Coordinates, I can get it added to my GPS.

I think a small pickup truck is a good choice for a tow vehicle if you plan to haul waste and freshwater to and from your stationary RV.

MrNoodly said:
...They DO NOT record names, addresses or license plates. Those are on the permits...
This is different at forest camps, the host records all that and is entered into the system and also the paper copy is turned in to the forest service with the money. The information may be available to an interested party through the forest service records.

I knew one probation officer who went through the forest camps looking at the names on posted reservations. Nothing is private anymore. 
-crofter

Freelander said:
It 3 weeks I'm headed your way!!

I plan to setup at YARC but I don't know where's its at, if somebody PM me the GPS Coordinates, I can get it added to my GPS.

PMed you our coordinates. It’s very quiet here this year.

Rav made lemonnnnnnn curdddddd. It’s stirong lemon flavored and delicious especially spread over some warm sourdough bread!!

PS. Don’t ask her for any just take my word for it that you won’t like it. More for me that way.

I hope there will some left for me!!!

As of right now I should be pulling in there about the 16th of Jan.

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    58.1 KB
Should be long gone by then[emoji3]. She seems to like to cook so perhaps can be persuaded to make more. Save your glass jars!

I asked for lemons on a local list and was able to buy around 40 from a local with a couple of lemon trees ($8)!!

I got rid of my jelly jars, but I do have pint and quart jars left if that will help,

She does like to cook/bake some things. :)

I will make more when you are here, Freelander. And bread, too. And if I get really ambitious, maybe some sourdough doughnuts filled with lemon curd. Or raspberry preserves.

Ravella and X said:
She does like to cook/bake some things. :)

I will make more when you are here, Freelander. And bread, too. And if I get really ambitious, maybe some sourdough doughnuts filled with lemon curd. Or raspberry preserves.
Jelly donuts with llemon curd, my taste buds are already doing a happy dance just from my thinking about it.

I dont understand why this morning's wind out of the south east feels even colder than the winds that come out of the north west.   I will leave the heat on this morning. Hopefuly the prediction of a sunny afternoon will become a reality.

I'm getting excited about going, 3 weeks from today, I'll be pulling out. I'm trying to decide how many clothes I need, if I go the Magic Circle, I won't need as many. HAHAHA

Just bring everthing in your closet, you can mail order in more clothes after you get here.

In January and February it will be colder than you think especially at night but not frigid. Warm sweaters, gloves, sock hat, heavy jacket and some warm socks will be appreciated.

The more clothes you bring, the less you'll be making trips to a laundromat. I didn't like doing laundry before the pandemic. I like it a whole lot less now.

Bullfrog's right. It gets cold here at night. I recommend you either bring or get a decent sleeping bag. If you have enough blankets or such that would work also. I mean enough to keep you warm if your heater takes a dump. Mid to high 30's at night aren't unusual. I have a heater but I turn it off when I crash. I just crawl in my sleeping bag. Less trips to buy propane

MotorVation said:
The more clothes you bring, the less you'll be making trips to a laundromat. 
LOL... I didn't want or have room to bring much in the way of clothes.... i wont be making many trips to laundromats... If i wear one shirt for 5 days thats like having 5 shirts packed... but not..lol

I stretch it out too. Sometimes I air out the shirt I already wore while putting a clean one on and keep the cycle going for a while. I also keep a couple pairs of jeans and t-shirts unworn for when I have to go into town. I don't have much room for clothes either

As our new nurse at the clinic once said “the desert is a very very dirty place.” Lol!!!