California $15 an hour minimum wage passed

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flying kurbmaster said:
oh stop it.... the sky is not falling nor will setting a minimum wage break anyone, espescially Mcd.. If companies like these had their way they would have a container in the back yard filled with staff living off left over happy meals picked out of the garbage, Minimum wages have been set all over the world in economies that are doing much better then America, having a fast food franchise is one of the most unimaginative ways to be in business,  People who push drugs should be put in jail as well as those who push fast food filled with sugar, pumped into children's brains from a very early age, with gimmick advertising. Parents don't have time to mitigate the amount of brainwashing coming at them, look at all you guys believing so strongly in what you are afraid of because you have  come to believe these same people. People who push drugs deserve to go to jail, people who push unhealthy food deserve to go broke they are a strain on the economy, people don't have a choice when it comes to drugs and sugar because they are addicted from a very early age by the wonderful companies that you are protecting. Drug dealers, Tabaco companies, fast food franchisees  and coffee companies know this so they are all deserve the same thing that drug cartellers or mafiosos  get, eventually a very harsh ending. I am sure they get them, the laws of nature like you say, what comes around goes around.
  :D   I can see where the mods may wish to lock this thread, but please, please, PULEEEEEZE don't anyone erase this post!   :D

flying kurbmaster said:
oh stop it.... the sky is not falling nor will setting a minimum wage break anyone, espescially Mcd.. If companies like these had their way they would have a container in the back yard filled with staff living off left over happy meals picked out of the garbage, Minimum wages have been set all over the world in economies that are doing much better then America, having a fast food franchise is one of the most unimaginative ways to be in business,  People who push drugs should be put in jail as well as those who push fast food filled with sugar, pumped into children's brains from a very early age, with gimmick advertising. Parents don't have time to mitigate the amount of brainwashing coming at them, look at all you guys believing so strongly in what you are afraid of because you have  come to believe these same people. People who push drugs deserve to go to jail, people who push unhealthy food deserve to go broke they are a strain on the economy, people don't have a choice when it comes to drugs and sugar because they are addicted from a very early age by the wonderful companies that you are protecting. Drug dealers, Tabaco companies, fast food franchisees  and coffee companies know this so they are all deserve the same thing that drug cartellers or mafiosos  get, eventually a very harsh ending. I am sure they get them, the laws of nature like you say, what comes around goes around.

Can't we just enjoy coffee though? :-/

cognitive dissonance said:
  :D   I can see where the mods may wish to lock this thread, but please, please, PULEEEEEZE don't anyone erase this post!   :D

I am not a mod, but it seems to me that just about everyone is being respectful.  Opinionated, but respectful of others.     :cool:

The new minimum wage worker at McD's....

20150524_mcd.jpg

Attachments

• 20150524_mcd.jpg
    20150524_mcd.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 20
They look a lot like the self checkouts at Wally's and a lot of other places ....all installed before the minimum wage was raised. Hmmmm

And the day it takes effect U.C.Berkeley Lays off hundreds.

rvpopeye said:
They look a lot like the self checkouts at Wally's and a lot of other places ....all installed before the minimum wage was raised. Hmmmm

Unskilled workers will be replaced by machines under two circumstances:

1:  When the machines are cheaper.

or

2:  When they can't find enough GOOD, unskilled workers.   Ones who show up for work on time, pass the drug tests, etc.

Prior to this, I think they've been experimenting with machines for the second reason.  I believe it will accelerate rapidly now for the first reason.

flying kurbmaster said:

Tell us, fk, does being so self-righteous ever cause your head to hurt?

In the end, we are watching an experiment working itself out.  I can't see the Federal govt. making this nation wide any time soon, nor do I see most states following CA and NY's lead.

We'll just have to watch and see what happens to the unskilled labor force in those two states.  Not that I expect the other side to admit they were wrong when I'm proven to be right . . .

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Tell us, fk, does being so self-righteous ever cause your head to hurt?

John, I spit my adult beverage all over with this one. You owe me one. (<;

Some years ago the state of Cali did a study on what to do about the underground economy in the state. They wanted to find away to tax it. The study concluded that if the underground economy were to be controlled it would ruin the above ground economy. If you want something in Cali, or anywhere else for that matter, it can be obtained under the table. Anything. Perhaps Big Macs are next.

of course the powers that be and their mates,(you guys who think I am the bad guy) will now say the machines are here because of minimum wage, the machines were coming anyways, in fact the reason they never threw a lot of money into stopping the minimum wage hike is likely because they don't care, they are ready to install these machines, the time is right, this is one more reason not to use these companies, they never cared about people, they use them, then spit them out, every dollar you spend is a vote for what kind of world you want to live in.

Sadly, I'm reminded of an old joke.

"A steam shovel is digging out a foundation at a construction site.  A union leader bursts on to the site and confronts the foreman.  'A hundred men with shovels could be doing that job!'  The foreman responds with 'Of course.  But why not a thousand men with teaspoons?'"

The machines are coming, and they are going to change our world in ways we still can't imagine.  But when all of the stuff is being produced in factories by robots, who are the factory owners going to be able to sell their stuff to?

I'm glad I won't be around to have to deal with it.  I suspect I'm not going to like the world that's coming.

Raven+Squid said:
Who knew unions and robots will lead to the end of the world? But at least we were warned!!!!!!!!!! Haha.

So what about the minimum wage?

Y'all know what is next......
The robots become self-aware, then they Unionize. 

On the Underground Economy - if they 'control' it, it is no longer Underground.  It comes under the same destructive PC nonsense as the regular economy.

I agree with ALL of you!! Capitalism is ultimately self-destructive and will end in a collapse. But nothing else works

And that brings me to the basic premise of this website:

This is a sinking ship with no hope, time to drop out and live the best possible life way you can--the life of a nomad.
Bob

while I agree that our system is doomed. we are broke, Europe is broke, south America is broke, Africa is broke, Asia is broke. what will emerge after shtf is pure capitalism, supply and demand, and not the crony capitalism we have today. highdesertranger

Latest posts