bored on Oregon coast

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hello everyone I been on the road about a month and am bored, do not know where to meet others. I am going to the Oregon coast meet up on the 24th, but if you are in the area and would like to meet before the 24th, lets met

If I were in Oregon I sure wouldn't be bored. I'd be fishing in every river I crossed.

Find a hobby that you enjoy and spend your time thinking about it.

Have a nice day.

I think a specific activity really can let no you to your locations and better an experience. I am a cyclist so I go places and ride, it really fills the day and I get to know the areas on a more personal level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to everyone's responses - all are dead on. I can't imagine ever being bored, let alone on the Oregon coast. Having said that (with some smugness and superiority, don'tcha know), I have a good friend who is like the OP. I can't get her interested in *any* sort of hobby, not even walking nor reading. I don't get that, but she doesn't get me either. We're good friends anyway!

So really, I just need to ignore the "I'm bored" bit and address the actual question. Tina, I'm new here as well and don't know all the ins and outs yet, but can you check out the Gatherings forum? I don't know if it's allowed, but could you ask your question there? Or maybe you could start a mini meetup -- the party before the party!

Thanks for all the responses, I am trying to get to know the area, and believe me if I had a fishing pole and a fishing license, 
i would be fishing. But for now I will try to stay busy. Just not use to this much time on my hands.

Heh.... I *hate* fishing! lol

Hang in there, Tina - I'm betting that once you hook up with the others at the meetup, you'll start getting some good ideas from them.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

I was just on the Oregon coast last week. I was surprised to find that easy beach access doesn't exist from Florence to Port Orford.
That's over 110 miles. :O

Pretty roads, but nothing to do.

North of Florence was great! Tons of beaches to explore.