Boondocking in a class c, its harder than you think

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howardsells2000

Reaction score
I know im new at this. Its only my 3rd night but before I actually tried it I would see places all the time and think to myself I could park their, no problem. Now that Im really going to park, I think of a hundred reasons why I cant park their. I know it will get easier as I do it more. Just so everyone knows im not out in the middle of nowhere, im in the suburbs. Lots of people.

Wherever you plan to park, it is always a good idea to ask, or at least, let them know you are there.<br /><br />I have heard that church yards, and hospital parking areas are good places, though I have not tried any of them.&nbsp; I prefer truck stops, service stations and travel plazas.&nbsp; I have never been knocked back.&nbsp; 24hr supermarkets would be my next choice, but I would only do it with the OK from management.<br /><br />Lifey

there should be some kind of map, or listing of known boondocking areas. &nbsp;think I saw that somewhere as a reference. &nbsp;am going to go check them out myself, the areas. &nbsp;just to see who is in the area and what their experiences are. &nbsp;find it very interesting. &nbsp;hope I do not disturb anyone. &nbsp;most campground folks are friendly. &nbsp;would hope the same is true of boondockers.<br /><br />like this<br /><br />http://freecampsites.net/<br /><br />

Good site to use cuz.&nbsp; I've been using it for a while and have found some great sites, as I only boondock, really nice when one is on S.S.