Bob's Plan - Donation Site?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadtripsAndCampfires

Reaction score
I put this in gatherings because in a way it's related to the whole tribal help concept.

I saw Bob's video on introducing SueAnn (forgive me if I forgot your name wrong) to help with things.  I was wondering if there is any kind of a permanent or even mobile storage site for donations?  For example, when we take off full timing we will be done with our build and we have some left over stuff that could help someone else.  In particular, I have some organized boxes of clamps, hinges, bolts, screws, knobs, etc. etc. and even 2 small access doors I got out of salvage I don't think we'll be needing.  Probably some tapes and maybe even a little insulation.

I was thinking though that this could turn into a dumping ground recepticle so it's just an idea up for grabs.  I could always post we have the stuff if anyone is in Denver area when it's available.  For now we are keeping everything until the end of the build because ideas are still coming.

Shipping costs would be a problem. I donate a lot of stuff to the local Goodwill store, but just household stuff. At RTR, they do have an area where people can leave free stuff for the taking.

Thanks for your generosity! If you have the space and don't mind carrying the stuff with you to the RTR, people love to grab it off of the Free Pile. You could also take it to the van build in November, where it will be much appreciated.

Yeah, one of the van build guys came on youtube recently asking for people to bring their stuff for donations, especially anything that could be used in a build, eg screws, boards, hardware, wire, tools, on and on.

I don't know anything about the van build. You said November, where? I can't travel until late spring I think. Great, I will be sure to find a way to donate my leftovers.

I have a Forest Service event in the informal works, the ‘Telluride Fall Color Convergence’ September 24-30 with likely before and after presence.

It looks like the successful spring Mindful Camp in Sedona can do so something the last half of October, hopefully leading into the van build.

I am wondering if it is possible to ‘organize’ an event under 75 without a permit.