Best Heater for Car Overnight?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Colorado winters,my system is a military sleep system.(3 piece system) I am never cold,even in the recent below zero nights.
The worst part is getting out of the sleeping bag in the morning to start my truck.
I have recently purchased a Little Buddy heater to run for a few minutes, before I get out of my sleeping bag.

If you are bringing equipment to cook, a hot water bottle is a nice $5 addition (you can also use a Nalgene bottle or really anything that's totally watertight and boiling-water proof).

Tula1953r said:
In the Colorado winters,my system is a military sleep system.(3 piece system) I am never cold,even in the recent below zero nights.
The worst part is getting out of the sleeping bag in the morning to start my truck.
I have recently purchased a Little Buddy heater to run for a few minutes, before I get out of my sleeping bag.

That might be the worst part for me too, is getting out of bed. Decided to wait a bit to go to quartzsite to see if the temps get a little warmer.

karenishere said:
If you are bringing equipment to cook, a hot water bottle is a nice $5 addition (you can also use a Nalgene bottle or really anything that's totally watertight and boiling-water proof).

Definitely getting a hot water bottle. I remember my mother tucking me in with one when I was a toddler. Had forgotten about that.

Quartzsite should be in the mid 40's for the lows starting this week. however there is a chance of rain all week. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
Quartzsite should be in the mid 40's for the lows starting this week. however there is a chance of rain all week. highdesertranger

I love the rain. and miss it so much. I would come just to see and listen to the rain. I have an apt to see the van on Tues and will then be in Quartzsite soon as I can after that, depending on what happens.