Best box truck for LA and city neighborhoods ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Danny as far as trying to hide. you aren't hiding from anybody who wants to know. security guards, law enforcement, and noisy people all know you are living in the vehicle, no matter how sneaky you think you are. highdesertranger

I think if I lived in LA I would choose a normal van that had poison control on the sides. Maybe stay back signs as well.

I often make vandwellers sad when I spot one of their "stealth" vehicles and go over to say hello. A vandeweller can pic out another rig no matter how hard you try to disguise them.

TMooney said:
I think if I lived in LA I would choose a normal van that had poison control on the sides.  Maybe stay back signs as well.

That is one of the few things that would guarantee a knock on the door in my neighborhood.
Every neighbor who saw it parked would be calling the city.  The city would call the State.  When no satisfactory answer was obtained a sheriff would be dispatched to investigate.

this has been discussed a million times on the forum. most feel you are just asking for trouble by putting fake business signs on your vehicle. highdesertranger

I think you can be stealth in a city, granted a lot harder in full size vans or any vehicle that is higher in a row of parked vehicles, a mini van like a dodge caravan can be very stealth in just about any neighbourhood.

You can run but you cant hide. Now I think they dont care but I think they see fine. It's not normally worth anyone's time to care.

Latest posts