Becoming a Nevada Resident

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quesion on steps to become a NV resident: Other nomads (Bob Wells included) have said that a rent receipt for one months rent is needed at the DMV to get driver's license, and register as resident.

Is this outdated info and is it really possible to use a mail forwarders street address at the DMV for drivers license?

THanks...I would like to do this soon BUT RV parks are expensive right now for the month....   Sharon

I recently spoke with the lady at Sunseekers [on East St. near Basin]. Still need a RV park receipt for the physical address.

This is not a local requirement, nor temporary, this is Federal RealID, an outcome of the demolition of the WTC on 9/11.

There is a RV park on US-95 at NV-373 (50 miles from Pahrump via NV-160-US-95) that charges $220 a month. Electric is extra, but if you are self sufficient you don't have to plug in. I am NOT affiliated with the RV park. I do rent a spot there. The manager is Phil @775-764-1932 voice only.

Wayne, thank you so much for this tip! I'd been having difficulty reserving an RV park as it's still "high season" I guess. Either no room or $400+ per month at many I've been calling. I called Phil, very friendly and he's got spaces now. Hopefully, I'll be coming over in about a week or so.

I asked Phil about his address and he gave me location address that you mentioned "Hwy 95 at NV-373", Q: is that address acceptable for DMV residency?? Is that the address that you use for residency purposes? I have contacted a mail forwarder in the area for my mailing address & forwarding services.

Thanks again for your help! Sharon

yes the camp ground address is for residency. the mailing address can be a mail forwarder. highdesertranger

By the power of necromancy....

The rv park on US-95 at NV-373 is the Fort Amargosa park right?  Did that address fly for residency?

wow dude where have you been. hope all is well.

I remember the parks name did have Armargosa in it. the way I under stood it any park would work as long as the receipt was for 30 days or more.

I am not sure if that has changed with the real ID thing.

highdesertranger

Amargosa Valley RV Park. $220/month plus electric.

Address is good for DMV.

The address is not printed on the receipt, but the DMV has accepted a hand written address on the receipt in the past. A guy in a skoolie used that receipt, and was successful.

There is also a form where a third party can attest that the first party lives in the park. That form was used in the past by two inactive CRVL'ers who lived together in the AV RV park. Party A attested party B was a resident and vice versa. They might have received special treatment from the DMV techs. IDK.

[I do not represent the park in any capacity. I have nothing further to say on this matter.]

On her youtube channel Carolyn's RV Life she did a film on how she became a resident of Nevada in one day. She goes through the whole process of what it takes.

Thanks all! highdesertranger, I have been good. I've been working 2 jobs so been busy.

I'll have to think about using that rv park as they seem to be ok with vans, though I would prefer a printed address on the receipt.

I did see Carolyn's video on the matter and it was great. I am just not sure the park on Linda street or whatever is gonna take a van. It was very interesting that she used the affidavit to attest herself that she is a resident. I looked at the form and it does indeed appear that you can just declare you are a resident on it, and it serves as 1 of your proof of residency (the rental receipt could be the other). A second resident is only required if you don't have the rent receipt or 1 other proof. Note, the second resident has to then show 1 listed proof in your stead, so its not just a matter of signing off.

Here is the form:
https://dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dmv005.pdf

Latest posts