Becoming a Nevada Resident

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
Is there a recommended mail forwarding service in AZ?

Since Wayne49 mentioned (in 2016) that Amargosa RV Park's receipts do not have the address printed on the receipt, and this caused him trouble at the DMV.

Does anyone know if the receipt now includes the address?

And since I will be in a converted cargo trailer, I suspect the RV parks n Pahrump will not rent to me, is there another option besides the Amargosa (if the address on the receipt issue is not resolvable) park?

^
thank you. have you used the RV park? I will call them, of course, but do you happen to know what their monthly RV rate is?

I have not stayed there, I was tent camping in Death Valley and went into Beatty in search of shower facilities. It's an old mining town with a couple of rv park options...

Good luck!

Attaching the receipt to a letter on their letterhead should be fine, likely don't need to get it notarized

I just signed up for a mailbox in Pahrump. Gong to look for a campground to start my 30 day residency.

Just remember that just because you paid for a months rent doesn't mean you  have to actually stay there for the full month.... :D 

If your neighbors are too close for comfort or you just want to go exploring!!

yep get Death Valley out of your system now, in a couple of months you won't want to be there. highdesertranger

I am expecting to roll into southern Nevada around May. I have to hang around the area for a awhile, but I'm going to explore, get acquainted with the area, and it's going to be hot. Mercy me!
One rv park I called didn't have space now, but when it heats up, people should leave. I got the number to call in another month.
Going from 50 degrees to 90 in a few weeks. I think I'm going to carry a spray bottle of water around with me and drench myself.

Oh, I called Coyote Howls, the east camp will close April 30 for the hot season. People flee the area by then.

I contacted Phil the manager at Amargosa Valley RV Park and they said it still is $220+ electricity for a month and the address will be on the receipt.

Pikachu711 said:
What would happen if this one person were to suddenly be unable to continue it's most useful purpose for people who rely on them for our mail.

I was wondering the same thing.  I used MyDakotaAddress for nine years and suddenly this morning, I learn they are closing down immediately without giving any warning to anyone.  I am about to go into surgery and my plate was already full.  Now I have to establish a new address, pay for a new service, find the funds to do so, and change all my addresses.   Geez.... I would like to find something that would last awhile.

akrvbob said:
So here's the post:
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/blog/h...al-residence-address-real-id-drivers-license/

And here is a screen shot of the Nevada DMV page of their requirements to prove your residence address

DL-Nevad-requirements-001.jpg
:

I only see a way to get one of those... the campground receipt.  How do I get a second one?

swankiewheels said:
I only see a way to get one of those... the campground receipt.  How do I get a second one?

It says a bill requesting payment can be another one. A bill from a pest control person for services at that address, a cell phone, maybe cable TV, or internet for the month. Get somebody to give you a bill with that address on it for anything.

It also says bank statement. Open a checking, savings or credit card account with that address.

You also might be able to get a voter registration card with the RV space agreement. Tell them you just moved here and will want to vote. You need the voter card to get a local drivers license, (DMV says so).

swankiewheels said:
What is a 1099 form???

It is an IRS form that you get when you are an independant contractor and not an employee. Probably not something that you will get easily.

The Nye County voter card is easy to get. It can be mailed to a PMB. The courthouse is near the DMV on East Basin.

Basically a 1099 is a financial document that should have your physical street address that is required to open financial accounts to be used for CTRs and SARs the institution is required to file on your activities meet a threshold.

A normal monthly banking statement addressed to a street address would suffice.

There are also 1098s for "mortgage interest paid", but you need a physical residence to have a mortgage, so if you had a 1098, you would not be in this predicament. It is possible to have a mortgage on a property that is not your primary residence, but then you get into another pile of worms.

1099s are provided for many reasons. There is a suffix that denotes the purpose.

I have received these 1099s as well as 1099 payments.

1099-DIV (dividend income)
1099-R (retirement income)
1099-INT (interest income)

"The More You Know"

I am going to post some info here. I have not done this. Someone I know has this. I cannot verify why he got this or how he got it.

The Amargosa Valley USPS uses HC ("highway contract" used to be "rural route") mail boxes to deliver the mail. Not at all useful for a street address.

One park resident was given a street address with an apt # to use. He tells me that the local PO provided the address.

This may be a constructive reaction to RealID or just a random act in the rural desert.

I have no further information. Don't ask me.