AT&T unlimited LTE $29.99 a month

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The phones that Google Fi accept are universal and usually bought unlocked. Nexus 6 off eBay in good condition maybe $125-150.

But as I said, I believe that data plan only works with those grey market flashed hotspots.

A AT&T sim like in the hotspot will work in any hotspot just like my Mobley's sim will. The hotspot in the ad is not flashed like the 3G hotspots are.

Aha! So how can I get onto the plan with the AT&T Unite 770S I already bought on eBay for $15?

Will it work with the

ATT IPAD UNLIMITED DATA

Drwireless is selling for $120?

Would it work in a rooted Nexus 7?

Would experimenting like that endanger the service?

John

It should be fine in the hotspot and may act like a hotspot in a phone. Unlike my Freedompop sims that have calling and text along with data in a phone or only data on a hotspot, I do not think there is any calling and texting set up for the ipad accounts. I would have to check that out to be sure.

Thanks. I don't suppose there's a cheaper way to get the deal?

If I go that way I'll test and report back.

jimindenver said:
This one.

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=23412

It is all I use and I have a total of 7 different hotspots and three phones spread across the four carriers. The wide band directional antenna is crucial for covering bands outside of the cradles original specs like band 41 on Sprint. I would suggest finding the original Sleek if you can as the FCC has tightened the rules for the newer equipment. Should you not find a Sleek then use the Weboost Drive and even the less expensive wide band directional yagi for $35 and you can still have better than the higher priced RV boosters sold now. They cost hundreds more than the $200 you can have my system for.

Refurbished WeBoost Drive for $129

https://www.amazon.com/weBoost-Cert...754&sr=8-2&keywords=refurbished+WeBoost+drive

The Weboost wide band directional antenna I use for $46, there are cheaper

https://www.amazon.com/Electronics-...&sr=8-3&keywords=wideband+directional+antenna

Connecting cable using no adapters $22.54

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SNRIFS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are times I see no signal on the devices until I fire up the booster, then it lights them up like a Christmas tree and I and everyone near me gets to go zoom.

I'm still looking for another cable because the link to the one in Jim's post is now dead.  I've looked for another but since I don't understand exactly what is needed other than no adapters and I haven't gotten a response to my questions I'm not going to buy anything yet.  If someone does find one please post it up in both threads.  Thanks.

Spank you very much! The booster is working okay but I'm sure I'll be much happier when it's all set up nice. :)

Here we go again... Sorry, y'all!

The link provided in the first post are now coming up as product not found...

Am I looking for an iPad, if so which version? Regular sized or mini?
Or is the links for a mifi or hotspot? Or an iPad using a sim?

I ask because... After reading thru all the posts in this thread AND I DID, even with all the antenna ones, and the dialog about ipads, mifi, reflashing, etc...... .?? So? I came away confused...

This deal has expired but you can get a similar deal through AT&T right now I believe. Another member here got it so I do not know the details.

galladanb said:
Am I looking for an iPad, if so which version? Regular sized or mini?
Or is the links for a mifi or hotspot? Or an iPad using a sim?

I ask because... After reading thru all the posts in this thread AND I DID, even with all the antenna ones, and the dialog about ipads, mifi, reflashing, etc...... .?? So? I came away confused...

Maybe this explanation will help...If not, just ask...
- The AT&T Unlimited 4G for $29.99/month is a plan that AT&T had offered in the past, and according to AT&T's website is offering again, Specifically for iPads and Tablets.

- While against AT&T's terms of service for the iPad/Tablet only $29.99 unlimited plan, you could take the SIM card intended for the iPad/Tablet and put it in an AT&T MiFi Hotspot device, and it will work. AT&T doesn't intend for it to be used this way, but it will work in any AT&T compatible Hotspot and even in AT&T cell phones as a Data-Only SIM.

- I know this because I'm playing with one currently. I have it installed in a Blu RD1 cell phone (cheap phone purchased from Amazon), and after setting up the phone's APN for "Broadband" instead of typical voice APN it provides unlimited AT&T 4G cellular data to my phone. (APN = Access Point Name and it is in the phones Cellular Network Settings and only takes about 1 min to setup)

- Because this particular model of phone can also WiFi Hotspot, it provides unlimited 4G speed WiFi when I turn the hotspot on (many phones have this function, but will not work without paying for a specific Hotspot plan from AT&T - so you need a phone that doesn't perform a carrier check when Hotspotting)

- So the AT&T plan is for "iPad"...which if you have one will provide cellular data to that one iPad, and is how AT&T intended for you to use the plan...but you can play outside the lines and put that same SIM in a compatible device - usually an AT&T MiFi, like the Netgear Unite Explorer 815S (I just bought a refurb on ebay for $50, but they are widely available for a range of prices if you search - new ones will run about $125 or less)

- After AT&T stopped offering the $29.99 unlimited 4G iPad plan last year, some ebay vendors who specialize in selling reprogrammed Verizon MiFi hotspots started reselling unused accounts that already were on the AT&T iPad plan. They were selling the transfer of the account, and/or bundling the account transfer with a compatible AT&T MiFi hotspot.

- The AT&T Hotspots do not need to be modified in any way, or even be unlocked to work with the iPad SIM...It is a regular AT&T hotspot and you just put the SIM in it.

- The Verizon $5/month plan Hotspots are specially reprogrammed by the ebay sellers in order to use the $5 plan...so that's a different animal.

Hope this helps,
Chris

My Mobley's adapter broke (again) so I took the sim out and put it into my Freedompop global hotspot, changed the APN to Broadband and all is well. Now I will put the Freedompop AT&T LTE sim in the Mobley and leave it plugged in to the truck for my phone to connect to while on the road.