Senior 55+ Verizon Unlimited

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikesGonenoMAD

Reaction score
Hi Guys
First off I hope the information is not old news, I searched the forum and didn't find anything. I also appreciate that $80 a month is alot for some folks and I'm only  able to afford by working part time myself when I'm on the road F/T

I just switched to Verizon I was a Crickett (at&t) customer I originally started with a regular plan 2gb $75 total a month I mentioned to the sales person that I would be interested in a unlimited plan in the future she mentioned  a senior plan for folks 55 & over was available but she could not give me any information which seemed odd. My original idea was to get a prepay phone and buy additional data when needed. In the end I decided on a promotion for a Phone & Tablet @$10ea both would have phone numbers which after activation fee and taxes I paid $75 the phone is a Zenfone V Live which the reviews seemed positive and a Samsung Tab A which is still in the Box :) the Unlimited plan includes both Phone & Tablet unlimited Phone-Text-Data $80 plus taxes which I ordered today and will start next month according to the plan 4g up 10gb and then 3g after that which seemed good to me considering Verizon has service just about everywhere.

I hope the information will be a help to Nomads like me that really don't want to mess with multiple accounts and hotspots for data. I like the Idea of one & done. It would be great if anyone has more information about the plan or even comment if there is a better plan available.

Peace & Blessings
MikesGonenoMAD

Hi all,
About 19 months ago I bought a iPhone 7 from Verizon with a prepaid plan. I get 10gb with a 10gb hotspot. Also, comes with unlimited talk and text, etc. what I don't use rolls over. Cost $70 plus tax equals $77 per month. I like that it covers everything that I need with one server. I like simple and dependable. I used to have Straight Talk and was happy but, the plan I have with Verizon does have better coverage. I don't know if Verizon is still offering the same plan.
Mike

For those streaming lots of vdo entertainment, 10GB isn't much.

I average well over 80GB, often get to 120

Switched my Verizon account to a 55+ year old(seniors) plan. $60.00 per month for unlimited talk, text and data in U.S.A
Also includes talk and text to and from Mexico and Canada . I was emailed this offer from Verizon about 2 weeks ago, and switched to it .
Normally  $65.00 per month, but you can get it for $60.00 if you set up auto pay paperless billing . Includes a low speed hotspot that I have not used .

Fitter said:
Switched my Verizon account to a 55+ year old(seniors) plan.

Is that the one available in only three states? Which state are you in? I know, one of the states is Florida.

I've been looking at this AT&T offer. I think this is what my daughter has - she runs her TV from this account, and has a hot spot. I'd appreciate knowing what others think of this. (My daughter lives in a skoolie.)

AT&T Unlimited Data Plans Give You More with Free Live TV

travelaround said:
Is that the one available in only three states? Which state are you in? I know, one of the states is Florida.

I've been looking at this AT&T offer. I think this is what my daughter has - she runs her TV from this account, and has a hot spot. I'd appreciate knowing what others think of this. (My daughter lives in a skoolie.)

AT&T Unlimited Data Plans Give You More with Free Live TV

Interesting plan for $70 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also bought a phone and mifi from Verizon, to add to our T-Mobile coverages.

The phone and mifi may end up going away soon, as we have moved back into an apartment.

I must say we had better coverages on the vzw devices...

BUT... The only hold back to doing a total switch over is that we luv our iPhones (which are both Apple) ... I know there are trolls gonna jump on me for saying that, but don't care! I may have to make the leap and upgrade both of our phones... You might ask why? Well several reasons... Too old, don't like droids, no easy way to move our huge contacts, photos, and notes, music, playlists, etc, over to the droids...

If you know of a a way that is simple, easy, and works as well, I'm all ears...

I may go see the kids at the local vzw sore and see what they can do, or look into used vzw iPhones...

But, thx for the tip on the plan!!

Fitter said:
Switched my Verizon account to a 55+ year old(seniors) plan. $60.00 per month for unlimited talk, text and data in U.S.A
Also includes talk and text to and from Mexico and Canada . I was emailed this offer from Verizon about 2 weeks ago, and switched to it .
Normally  $65.00 per month, but you can get it for $60.00 if you set up auto pay paperless billing . Includes a low speed hotspot that I have not used .

Will need to look for this when we head back to Florida for the snowbird winter in a couple months. $60 a month for unlimited is a good bargain to include a slow speed hotspot for 55+ persons in Verizon.

If I can get that plan if I can have a hotspot SIM only (have my own hotspot) am definitely doing it.

Slow is ridiculously relative. Anything above 5mbps is good enough for NETFLIX and good enough for anything.

Just chatting with Verizon. You need your credit account with EQUIFAX open so they can audit to set up an account. Then after you have a POST PAID credit account set up, you can get the unlimited 55+ account changed in. As long as you are a Florida resident. $60.

All my credit is frozen by me given the fiasco of stolen credit data last year. Am trying to jump through hoops to get it open and this activated.

Does anyone have a link to information on the free low speed hot spot associated with 55 plus Verizon accounts ? The representation I contacted says it would be an extra $20 a month on top of all other charges to get that.

^^^^^^^

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/
Look at the Go Unlimited Plan .
At the bottom of this plan click on features to see what's included .

This is what I was able to get for $60.00 per month in CA .

Mine is titled Go Unlimited 55+ Loyalty Plan .

My friend , also with Verizon in CA was able to switch to this plan with a phone call to Verizon .
I have a screenshot of this offer if you need it, send me a message with your cell and I can text it to you .

Fitter said:
^^^^^^^

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/
Look at the Go Unlimited Plan .
At the bottom of this plan click on features to see what's included .

This is what I was able to get for $60.00 per month in CA .

Mine is titled Go Unlimited 55+ Loyalty Plan .

My friend , also with Verizon in CA was able to switch to this plan with a phone call to Verizon .
I have a screenshot of this offer if you need it, send me a message with your cell and I can text it to you .
I am not sure how with a California address you were able to get on a 55+ plan. It is not a plan that is valid in the California location. The priceof $60.00 is the current unlimited. 3G standard plan, no need to be a senior to get that rate.

Here are the requirements for qualifications to be able to obtain the 55+ plan taken directly from Verizon's website:

With the Go Unlimited plan for 55+, you can get all the benefits of Go Unlimited at a discounted rate, including unlimited talk, text and data.

To be eligible, you must meet all the following requirements:
  • Be 55 years of age or older
  • Have 1 or 2 phones on your account
  • Have a Florida, Illinois or Missouri billing address on your account

Goshawk said:
Just chatting with Verizon. You need your credit account with EQUIFAX open so they can audit to set up an account. Then after you have a POST PAID credit account set up, you can get the unlimited 55+ account changed in. As long as you are a Florida resident. $60.

All my credit is frozen by me given the fiasco of stolen credit data last year. Am trying to jump through hoops to get it open and this  activated.

you need to give exemption permission on a case by case basis with Equifax and then they will release your credit history to the requesting company. Contact Equifax, they will of course require proof of your identity.

maki2,
Unadvertised, unsolicited email from Verizon .

Question for anyone .
Is my Go unlimited 55+ rate of $60.00 per month the discounted senior rate or is it the normal Go unlimited rate ?

I only have 1 phone on my account .

maki2 said:
I am not sure how with a California address you were able to get on a 55+ plan. It is not a plan that is valid in the California location. The priceof $60.00 is the current unlimited. 3G standard plan, no need to be a senior to get that rate.

Here are the requirements for qualifications to be able to obtain the 55+ plan taken directly from Verizon's website:

With the Go Unlimited plan for 55+, you can get all the benefits of Go Unlimited at a discounted rate, including unlimited talk, text and data.

To be eligible, you must meet all the following requirements:
  • Be 55 years of age or older
  • Have 1 or 2 phones on your account
  • Have a Florida, Illinois or Missouri billing address on your account

And nothing mentions any hotspot. Yes you can use your phone as a hotspot but there is no mention of that in any context of the 55+ faq.

^^^^^
Yes phone as hotspot is included in plan . (somehow at a slower speed when used as hotspot)
From the plan features description.    "Mobile Hotspot tethering speeds up to 600 kbps,"

Fitter said:
^^^^^
Yes phone as hotspot is included in plan . (somehow at a slower speed when used as hotspot)
From the plan features description.    "Mobile Hotspot tethering speeds up to 600 kbps,"

Thanks for clarity. At 600 kbps it’s obvious de-prioritized to the slowest practical speed possible. Which is kind of terrible. At $60 am having a lot of second thoughts about this when it would be on my iPhone.

Better to go with VISIBLE at $40 a month (also de- prioritized) that has unlimited hot spot via Verizon cell tower system.

It should be possible via jailbreaking / rooting, to do Hotspotting without the service provider detecting it.

But techie stuff, and of course violating the TOS