Senior 55+ Verizon Unlimited

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you need a lot of data for computer on hotspot unlimited etc. you must buy the 'true unlimited plan'. We got 2 phones. Unlimited everything. Hotspot tho is up to 15 gb then it hits it limit of 'fast speed' and goes down to 3 g which is just as good as that 4 speed. Up to 10 devices connected.
We pay $153. per month and that is ALL unlimited and NO overcharges ever, no roaming charges that could get hit on ya if you are with another provider other than Verizon, $3 each per phone total extra warranty. I tell you that Verizon is the best if you want constant good service...this is ONLY from me 'trying so darn hard' to cut these costs with other providers and it never worked for me. always worked against us in some way. We will stay with Verizon and every now and then I call to see if I can get some 'type of discount' on my plan cost and sometimes I can :) I called and said it was SO high and they said, hey will can cut your unlimited plan cost for 3 months by $10 per month......YES I WILL take it thank you :) and who knows why they did it but they did and they 'made this customer happy' and I saved like $30 for the year so why not?

it is so hard to play the phone data game but it is ALL about your usage. We need BIG hotspot unlimited data point blank so this unlimited by V was the way to go for us.

it is ALL about your usage and what you require. No one is ever going to be the same on that.

The 2 phones on this plan....my kid and husband. I have no cell phone :) I never want one. Just me and my personality LOL but phone payment costs are all about what do you personally need and want and how will that work for you? Hey I bite the bullet on that cost per month and hate it but out at state parks that have crappy wifi etc....I use the hotspots on my devices/computers/tv for Netflix and more so easily--then I love it LOL

eh, just chatting out how we handle out service on the darn high cost of phone crap and data gb usage. everyone's life and experience will vary big time on this :)

I think the 55 plus plan is in more states now and it's really a good deal total Unlimited 4g may be stepped on to 3g during busy times, of course with 5g coming and the new prices that will bring the figure to lock us "Old Folks" down so we don't go shopping around because 4g may get like 3g was with all those $5 a month somewhat illegal plans. I have been very happy with my service for the last 2 months I don't like surprises will consider it a great deal when I'm on the road and using the HotSpot Feature!

You made me go look. Nope.

What is the Go Unlimited plan for 55+?
With the Go Unlimited plan for 55+, you can get all the benefits of Go Unlimited at a discounted rate, including unlimited talk, text and data.

To be eligible, you must meet all the following requirements:

Be 55 years of age or older
Have 1 or 2 phones on your account
Have a Florida, Illinois or Missouri billing address on your account

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-55-plus-faqs/

While it might be a good deal for some. The problem is the line is deprioritized from the word go. There are some users on Reddit that live in more urban areas that say it is almost unusable during normal hours.

^^^^^^
I live in So.Cal. and have not had this happen . It is so nice to use my phone without any concern of data overcharges .
I can even cast a movie from my phone to my T.V.  Using my phone as a hotspot for my Kindle Fire,  I had no problem surfing a couple of the forums I frequent .

This plan has allowed me to turn off the WiFi setting on my phone with better download speeds .