OnStar with 4G LTE

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Savage Adventure

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Chevy with the 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot included? I've had two vehicles with this but wasn't the least bit interested in the OnStar service they try to sell you. But the last time I was offered $10.00/month unlimited data in my truck, but only if I had existing AT&T service. Of course, I have Verizon Wireless.

Still, I have seen many conflicting reports about the costs. For $10.00/month unlimited data I would totally do it. But since I don't have AT&T not sure what the actual cost would be.

I have it in my 2017 Express. It isnt straight $10 per month. If you have an existing unlimited plan you can add it for an additional fee. The offer I got was $20 initially and I might have seen $10 as well. I ended up not adding it to my plan.

The thing I dont like is the key has to be in the ignition and turned on to accessory. If there was a way it could have just been on without the key I would have been all over it just for the convenience factor.

That's a bummer. I was hoping it was $10.00/month unlimited, even if you had a plan. It almost looked like you had to first subscribe to OnStar, but again, I wasn't clear. Ah well. I will look into a Verizon device maybe depending on what happens with the $5.00/month system they're talking about in the other thread.

On that thread I am quite lost. I was thinking I would just talk to Jim directly a the next RTR and sort it out then if I didn't come up with something I liked by then.

texas0322 said:
I have it in my 2017 Express. It isnt straight $10 per month. If you have an existing unlimited plan you can add it for an additional fee. The offer I got was $20 initially and I might have seen $10 as well. I ended up not adding it to my plan.

The thing I dont like is the key has to be in the ignition and turned on to accessory. If there was a way it could have just been on without the key I would have been all over it just for the convenience factor.

Know a guy who does this. Turns on his ignition key to accessory mode. But he does attach a small generator to his battery while he does that. Works fine for hours of use of internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk