As promised, pictures of the Grand Voyager build.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyslife

Reaction score
Keep in mind, it is still a work in progress.

CAM00011.jpg
CAM00010.jpg
CAM00004.jpg
CAM00002.jpg
CAM00001.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00001.jpg
    CAM00001.jpg
    325.6 KB
  • CAM00002.jpg
    CAM00002.jpg
    352.4 KB
  • CAM00004.jpg
    CAM00004.jpg
    326.8 KB
  • CAM00010.jpg
    CAM00010.jpg
    414.1 KB
  • CAM00011.jpg
    CAM00011.jpg
    373.8 KB
CAM00018.jpg
CAM00017.jpg
CAM00013.jpg
CAM00012.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00012.jpg
    CAM00012.jpg
    346.5 KB
  • CAM00013.jpg
    CAM00013.jpg
    431.2 KB
  • CAM00017.jpg
    CAM00017.jpg
    460.3 KB
  • CAM00018.jpg
    CAM00018.jpg
    404.7 KB
The big long box is the bed - the lid lifts up and it has a bunch of storage inside - cushion is out being covered.
The table is removable and fits in front of the spare (wrapped in brown paper until I can get my cover sewn for it - the table is just the right height for me to sit at and work or eat.
New plywood and carpet on the floor.
Rack for fishing poles in back (what you see are not all mine - some are my kids and granddaughters).
Black and white drawers next to bed is for my clothes.
All of the wood will be painted a light beige color.

Looks good, thank you for posting this.

Very nice. Looks like lots of thought into what you wanted before you built. Love the table\seat in back. I have been thinking about something similar. Jan

Where does your tailgate piece store when not set up?

You're ok with only having the outside mirrors when you drive?  If you had built the back partition to only 1/2 to 2/3 height, you could have used a black curtain to close it off when you are parked, and slid it to one side to use your inside  rear view mirror when driving.  Might still be able to do it by cutting a window space in the back wall.  Wouldn't need glass, just staple some screening over it and it could help with the ventilation when you are parked.  Just a thought . . .

Regards
John

TMG51 said:
Where does your tailgate piece store when not set up?

The table legs fold down and the table sits just inside the tailgate. The hatch door also works as covering in the shade to help keep me cooler as I now have Reflectix on the window.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
You're ok with only having the outside mirrors when you drive?  If you had built the back partition to only 1/2 to 2/3 height, you could have used a black curtain to close it off when you are parked, and slid it to one side to use your inside  rear view mirror when driving.  Might still be able to do it by cutting a window space in the back wall.  Wouldn't need glass, just staple some screening over it and it could help with the ventilation when you are parked.  Just a thought . . .

Regards
John

John, I am quite fine with only using my outside mirrors for driving - no different than driving a box truck and I have plenty of experience with that.

skyl4rk said:
How are you ventilating the van?

For now I have the "magic screen" that opens and closes with magnets to go over the sliding door but before I actually get to live in my van, I will have a roof top vent.

imho everyone should be able to drive with just their side mirrors. but the mirrors must be set up properly. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
imho everyone should be able to drive with just their side mirrors. but the mirrors must be set up properly. highdesertranger

I agree! I've made my living for the last 21 years (Truck Driver) with only side mirrors. Convex spot mirrors help a lot. The auto part store sell lil sticky ones that go on your existing mirrors.

FWI...If you have any worldly possessions, chances are it was on a truck at some point. [emoji597]