Area 51

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi&nbsp; all ,&nbsp; As&nbsp; the&nbsp;world slides futher into the unknown , My&nbsp;&nbsp;6 th sence has kicked in&nbsp; and I really dont want my family&nbsp; to be cought short and&nbsp;have to&nbsp;Resort to&nbsp; a mad scramble&nbsp; at the last second&nbsp; to secure a roof over our heads. A card board box on the&nbsp; street &nbsp;is unacceptable . If its going to be a "box"&nbsp; Its at least going to be made of&nbsp;steel and have wheels&nbsp;and a motor. <BR>&nbsp; Currently&nbsp; We're lucky to still have jobs , but&nbsp; we're not saving&nbsp;anything&nbsp; at all&nbsp;&nbsp;with the prices of everything&nbsp; skyrocketing. I'm in a place&nbsp;I dont want to be . Its&nbsp; affecting my health&nbsp;in a very&nbsp;bad way. Stress Kills ! &nbsp;&nbsp; I have 9 years&nbsp; before&nbsp; retirement .&nbsp; If real&nbsp; lucky&nbsp; We will still have jobs&nbsp;by&nbsp; then .&nbsp; So&nbsp; the plan is&nbsp;&nbsp; Rent or sell &nbsp;the house out, or in a worst case,&nbsp; let it go back.&nbsp; And&nbsp; Go mobile To save&nbsp; 90 % of what&nbsp;we make.&nbsp; I found a deal on C list&nbsp;&nbsp; for a trade even on a Class A&nbsp; for&nbsp; her&nbsp; car. But I'm having&nbsp; trouble getting her to realize&nbsp; the true nature of things and just&nbsp; how bad it could get , if we dont act and prepair&nbsp;now. <BR>&nbsp;I traded my&nbsp; Bike&nbsp; for&nbsp; a bare bones &nbsp;Ford Econline 250&nbsp;, And&nbsp;I have&nbsp; a harbor Freight&nbsp; 4 x 8&nbsp;&nbsp; trailer&nbsp; That I want to box in&nbsp; for extra&nbsp;storage. <BR>&nbsp;And a&nbsp; Dodge&nbsp; Dakota&nbsp;&nbsp;4 x 4&nbsp; extended cab pickup That&nbsp;I want to put a topper on .&nbsp; Right now&nbsp; I can&nbsp; put a bed and a&nbsp;clothing rack&nbsp;in the&nbsp; van&nbsp; and&nbsp;sleep in a&nbsp; storage parking lot&nbsp; at&nbsp; work that has&nbsp; shore power for heat&nbsp; and Ac. &nbsp;I can use the&nbsp; facilities&nbsp; at work&nbsp;to shower, laundey&nbsp;and eat . Our work&nbsp;&nbsp; does have a camp ground&nbsp; And a program&nbsp; to help&nbsp; their workers&nbsp; when&nbsp; times&nbsp; get&nbsp; ruff . We may&nbsp; be able to&nbsp; park the RV&nbsp; there&nbsp; for&nbsp; very little&nbsp;&nbsp;for a year, while&nbsp; we&nbsp; save up to advance our future&nbsp;options. Right now&nbsp; we have none.... and that scares the hell outt'a me. I'm not&nbsp; sleeping good anymore and&nbsp;I feel like I going to explode. Its so bad&nbsp; I may&nbsp; have to go it alone if&nbsp; she&nbsp; wont&nbsp; act . Thats a hard one , but&nbsp; self preservation is kicking in hard . My job&nbsp; relies on my&nbsp; awareness&nbsp; and my attitude , and right now&nbsp; both&nbsp; are&nbsp; less than par, and I know it ... I feel it . And it has GOT to STOP!&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I'll be sleeping in the van at work,&nbsp; to give&nbsp; more room&nbsp; for&nbsp; the&nbsp;&nbsp;wife&nbsp; and the 14 year old in the RV at the camp&nbsp; ground which is only&nbsp; a&nbsp;few blocks away &nbsp;.&nbsp; Which is totally&nbsp;unselfish&nbsp;on my part,&nbsp; and&nbsp;that will save&nbsp; a lot in&nbsp; gas&nbsp; by itself.&nbsp; She can take the&nbsp; dodge to her&nbsp;work&nbsp; which is only a few miles&nbsp; away, &nbsp;and&nbsp;I have the van if&nbsp;I need to go somewhere.&nbsp; <BR>&nbsp;In just one month we will see 3 grand in the bank . I cant&nbsp; remember&nbsp; when&nbsp;was the last time I &nbsp;saw&nbsp; a balance&nbsp;with 4 numbers in there ahead of the&nbsp; decimal point.&nbsp;I will be able to breath&nbsp; then . &nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;Its really&nbsp; a total shame&nbsp; that our govt has placed us ( all of us)&nbsp;in this situation by their actions and mis management of our trust &nbsp;. But&nbsp; as true&nbsp; Americans&nbsp; we will over come. And&nbsp;I hope&nbsp; we make the RIGHT choise&nbsp; come Nov&nbsp; 2012 . Because&nbsp; if we dont&nbsp;&nbsp;their&nbsp; might not be&nbsp; another&nbsp; election. <BR>&nbsp;My Pick is Ron Paul End the Fed, End the IRS.&nbsp;Which Both&nbsp; are&nbsp; <B>unconstitutional </B>and Steals&nbsp; from us.&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;Thanks for reading&nbsp; Looking&nbsp; forward to ideas . &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp;<BR>

welcome to the forum! There's a lot of great folks with lots of knowledge and experience here, that are happy to share!<br><br><br>

Hi A51 and Welcome.<div><br></div>

Welcome to the forum, lots of great people and ideas here.
Les

Yes, I ditto the welcome&nbsp;<div>and this is a great group of ppl - I can't wait to physically meet up with (Jan? I hope)</div><div>You will find many ideas - ask questions and share your 2 cents when you can.</div>

<P>Thanks All , And&nbsp; to Bob&nbsp; for&nbsp; the site.&nbsp; I guess if we have&nbsp; this&nbsp; site , we will never be&nbsp; really alone </P>