Anyone using wag bags?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vagari

Reaction score
Is anyone using wag bags in their van or RV to go the bathroom? Maybe with a folding toilet? It's basically a trash bag with a gelling agent that turns liquids into a solid and makes it legal to throw in any trash can. Search youtube for "wag bag" to see a demo. <br /><br />I have seen them anywhere from $0.50 to $1 each on Amazon and ebay. Might get expensive at $15-30 per month if you use one daily, but makes it so much easier to dispose of the waste then a porta potti.<br /><br />Just curious.

vagari said:
Is anyone using wag bags... basically a trash bag with a gelling agent that turns liquids into a solid
<br /><br />I get the Double Doodie bags from Walmart as a back up for solid waste only.&nbsp; Basically, I use a 3 gallon bucket, putting the WAG bag in first, then a plastic grocery bag inside of that.&nbsp; Then I put a Luggable Loo seat on top for use.&nbsp; <br /><br />After use, I take out only the plastic grocery bag (with the solid waste), roll it up and put it in a used (recycled) sandwich bag ... then I throw it away.&nbsp; It's only when the solid waste isn't so solid that the WAG bag comes in useful as a "back up."<br /><br />I use a laundry detergent bottle for urine.<br /><br />Suanne

By using a wag bag it is "supposed" to be legal to throw the waste in the regular trash then. I don't know if that's really true, but just what I heard. I mean people throw dog/cat waste in trash as well as diapers. I have heard people using cat littler in their own bags as well and throwing away. <br /><br />

Understand one thing, Millions of filled disposable diapers are dumped into the waste system every day... I use 8 gallon bags, 5 gal bucket and a luggable loo toilet seat, no one is going to say diddle about you dumping a 8 gal bag of waste into the system... Millions of moms would revolt...<br /><br />BTW my mom was old school, I wore cloth diapers and she payed the price... Love ya mom, r.i.p...<br /><br />
vagari said:
By using a wag bag it is "supposed" to be legal to throw the waste in the regular trash then. I don't know if that's really true, but just what I heard. I mean people throw dog/cat waste in trash as well as diapers. I have heard people using cat littler in their own bags as well and throwing away. <br /><br />

SoulRaven said:
Understand one thing, Millions of filled disposable diapers are dumped into the waste system every day... I use 8 gallon bags, 5 gal bucket and a luggable loo toilet seat...<br /><br />I do about the same as SoulRaven, just double up on bags in case one leaks, use store bags when possible, to hide the "product" that is being disposed of. &nbsp;Looking for a source for green/bio-degradable plastic bags, paper bags just don't fit the bill.

I would love to see a link. everything I found is wicked expensive for the gel bags<br /><br />
vagari said:
Is anyone using wag bags in their van or RV to go the bathroom? Maybe with a folding toilet? It's basically a trash bag with a gelling agent that turns liquids into a solid and makes it legal to throw in any trash can. Search youtube for "wag bag" to see a demo. <br /><br />I have seen them anywhere from $0.50 to $1 each on Amazon and ebay. Might get expensive at $15-30 per month if you use one daily, but makes it so much easier to dispose of the waste then a porta potti.<br /><br />Just curious.

&nbsp;&nbsp; http://www.sheepleg.com/Cleanwaste_...7231_a_7cGo_d_Anywhere_d_Waste_d_Kit_d_Single &nbsp;
cedric said:
I would love to see a link. everything I found is wicked expensive for the gel bags<br /><br />
vagari said:

cedric said:
I would love to see a link. everything I found is wicked expensive for the gel bags&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
vagari said:
Is anyone using wag bags in their van or RV to go the bathroom? Maybe with a folding toilet? It's basically a trash bag with a gelling agent that turns liquids into a solid and makes it legal to throw in any trash can. Search youtube for "wag bag" to see a demo. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;I have seen them anywhere from $0.50 to $1 each on Amazon and ebay. Might get expensive at $15-30 per month if you use one daily, but makes it so much easier to dispose of the waste then a porta potti.&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Just curious.

this is the main drawback, $2-4 per use for the prepackaged convenience if you cant get those online prices.

I can always find them on Amazon or eBay for under $1.25 each in bulk (50-100 at a time). I have gotten then cheaper before but it seems harder to find them for $0.50 - $0.75 each.<br /><br /><br />Here's a listing on Amazon for 100 bags at $109 plus $18 chipping which is $1.27 each<br />http://www.amazon.com/WAG-Waste-All...d=1353117130&amp;sr=8-1&amp;keywords=wag+bags<br /><br />Here's 50 on eBay for $55 including shipping which is $1.10 each<br />http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-PETT-WAG...pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&amp;hash=item564ee9682a<br /><br />Here's 100 on eBay for $120 including shipping which is $1.20 each<br />http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pett-Wag-Ba...pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&amp;hash=item337cc876fc

Here's the cheapest one:&nbsp; 2 Walmart plastic bags 0 cents plus 20# kitty littler at $3.99 lasts 3 months or about $1.33/month or about 4 to 5 cents per use.&nbsp; Kitty litter solidifies any liquid in stool and it can all go to the same place as store bought wag bags.&nbsp; I live in a cabin without plumbing; urinate in an ice cream pail that I put in a bedside commode that is lined with double plastic grocery sacks with a little kitty litter in each one.&nbsp; After going #2, I add more kitty litter to the top bag before disposing.&nbsp; I will double or triple bag.&nbsp; <br /><br />There is no cost in waste disposal here in Alaska unless its hazardous waste.&nbsp; And, if you think I'm going to ask anyone if my poo is hazardous, you're nuts.&nbsp;(Opening the lid on your manure pot will only raise a stink). &nbsp;Some idiot in authority&nbsp;will jump up and say yes even when its not.&nbsp; Manure is biodegradable whether human or animal and will assist in biodegrading the rest of the waste in the dump.&nbsp; It will help not harm the dump.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br />Rae

The kitty litter and reg. garbage bags seem to be the cheapest and most popular. Disposing in a campground dumpster should be no problem. But what about when on the move? Anyone have any trouble disposing of them in the trash? Like trash cans in Walmart/McDonald parking lot or trash cans at gas stations?

vagari said:
The kitty litter and reg. garbage bags seem to be the cheapest and most popular. Disposing in a campground dumpster should be no problem. But what about when on the move? Anyone have any trouble disposing of them in the trash? Like trash cans in Walmart/McDonald parking lot or trash cans at gas stations?

Use wal-mart trash cans all the time, don't see any difference between mine and a diaper, no I don't use depends(yet), just double bag, a trash bag plus a store bag, cuts down a odor and just in case there is a leak.