Anyone recommend a good value stealth van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cammalu said:
Pretty nifty toy. I saw a huge Earthroamer a few weeks ago. What a beast that was and it was CLEAN!  In the desert it was CLEAN!  How did they swing that?

Looked brand spanking new.

Because people who can afford an Earthroamer probably can afford to have a mobile cleaning service come out to the desert each week to clean it!

"In the desert it was CLEAN! How did they swing that?"

Pavement Princess, more of a look what I have. That would be my guess.

Highdesertranger

"Shiny Shovel Syndrome" because it is waxed, not used! LOL!!!

Yeah over at Expedition Portal there is a thread about how to keep your shovel from rusting. It's many pages long with all kinds of suggestions like paint it, oil it, wax it, etc, etc. Well I answered if you use it you don't have to worry about it rusting as it's always shiny and rust free. That didn't go over big, LOL. Highdesertranger

The numbers mean weight carrying capacity. Half ton, 3/4 ton and 1 ton (1500, 2500, 3500). Half tons are meant to move bulky stuff that doesn't weigh a lot and on up the line. The more heavy duty a vehicle is, is when you get bigger brakes, better suspension to handle the weight and all the good stuff.

I am not a fan of front wheel drive either.
B &C Thank you! In all my 58 years I never made the connection of 1/2 ton 1500 etc. It never ceases to amaze me of the knowledge nuggets you find on these forums lol