I bought a Meanwell RSP-750-15

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost in the world said:
Where are you hooking up the charger? Try directly wiring it to the batteries and checking the voltages at the battery terminals.

The charger is being powered by a brand new Honda 2000i
The positive output of the charger is ran to the positive terminal at the house battery.
The negitive output of the charger is run to the Negitive terminal of the house battery , both of these cables are 4 gage.
Cable run is 4 ft long

@ Bradkw
I tried to send you a pm of a link to this  thread but it would'nt go thru so i bumped it to up top so you'll find it

I just did some more looking at the specs on the RSP-750-15 and found the 14-pin connector is 2.0mm pitch, not the much more common 2.54mm pitch. Which means if I buy one and want to do custom hacking on it, I'll need to buy connectors as well rather than using what is in my junk box. I'm glad I found this before ordering.

The screw holes are for M4 screws.

On the bandwagon 8.5 years later...

These power supplies are also very tolerant of wide swings in the input AC characteristics (you can use 120 or 240 VAC with room to droop, and frequency band is very tolerant of transients in your generator's output when ramping up load rapidly. Many Inverters and "smart" chargers do not have this kind of "ride-through" built in.)

I'm working on a voltage divider circuit that I want to feed through a general purpose 8-pin thru-hole op-amp (CA3140) powered from the Aux Power from the supply that will provide an analog input signal that keeps the output voltage just a couple volts above the target battery's terminal voltage, which should gradually drag the battery's voltage up to 14.6 VDC max. I'm on the cheap LiFePO4's from Walmart (the Moseworth 100 AH) This should leave some headroom for the unit to supply current to my rig when plugged into shore power. The current intake once the battery is fully charged becomes tiny, but I know I don't want to keep holding voltage at equalizer/balancing levels indefinitely. Still working on a timer/counter circuit to automatically place a voltage offset feedback into the op amp which would limit the 2-5.5 VDC analog input to something around 13.8 VDC continuous until it sees reset conditions.

I'll need to place a zener diode in the feedback loop of the opamp to limit it's output to between 0.7 and 4.8VDC to keep the supply from going into shutdown (on the low end), and to keep output voltage limited to 14.6 VDC (on the high end).