Anyone in the PNW?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexis797

Reaction score
I'm a newbie from Portland aiming to hit the road in March.   Wondering if there might be any other van dwellers up here that I could connect with. . .I may need to hang around this area for a bit after I leave home, and am also considering staying up here throughout the summer.  Would love some company or even a mentor.  Thanks!!

There will be lots of people roaming around in the Pacific NW in the summer time. There are also facebook groups here and there that are region specific for RV camping meetups. One of those is a women only group but it is not active at this time of year since many people head to Arizona for the winter months.

There is usually a meetup in Tillamook during the summer, and an older PNW thread. Conditions change but might give you some ideas for camping. Look under gatherings heading.  -crofter

Thanks Maki. . .how do I find people in the PNW over the summer? I'd love to find some people who will be nearby in March/April when I'm starting out. . .

the Pacific Northwest is popular for the summer months. I and a small group will be in eastern Oregon, N. California, and N. Nevada this summer. highdesertranger

Alexis797 said:
Thanks Maki. . .how do I find people in the PNW over the summer?  I'd love to find some people who will be nearby in March/April when I'm starting out. . .
As I said there are Facebook groups. That is a good place to start looking for region specific groups. Also some of those groups are focused on types of rigs such as general categories such as van or RV but also model specific groups. Birds of a feather flock together interest group camping.

Just use the keywords that appeal to you in terms of location, make of RV, gender, even hobby interest such as ATV, fishing, etc.