Newbie — biking Road to the Sun next week

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 34109

Reaction score
Any cycling vanlifers here? I mostly mountain bike, but also hit the gravel and paved roads as well. In Idaho now. Will be in Montana in the next few days and riding road to the sun. (then heading east to do some riding in New England in the fall) Anyone else here interested? Also looking for a place in the Kalispell area to plug-in. Any input appreciated! Thank you!

I also play guitar and sing, if there is anyone in my area who wants to get together to play, I would love it!

And my other obsession in the last few years is Pickleball. I am always up for a game!

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum :D

Used to race USCF road, love Glacier and pretty much all the parks in the Northwest.

What kind of pooch do you have?
Got him at a shelter in Oregon. Got a genetic test as a present, or else I wouldn’t have cared, but it came back about 60% pitbull, 20% bulldog, and 20 percent unknown. Most people say they see boxer in him.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 0
You're NUTZ !
Only if coming from the Canadian side 😆

The road on the US side has a steep grade and isn't exactly wide, but I don't remember it being especially curvy. But after you cross the summit and start to go back down, you'll run into tight switchbacks, low guardrails and lots of RVs driven by people who don't have the spatial skills to keep them on the right side of the center-line.