Any Seattle/Portland dwellers? I need advice.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinemaphonic

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm going to be in the Seattle/Portland area for a couple of weeks and was just wondering what van living is like there? Any tips, such as ideal neighborhoods to park in etc? My van isn't very stealth, so I'll be spending most of my time outdoors and exploring the city, I just need to safely sleep at night. Any areas I should stay away from? Any parking regulation weirdness I should be aware of?

Thanks!

When I'm in those area's or pretty much any town, I seek out largish apartment complexes where the overflow parking is on the street. Generally no hassles, and I don't do stealth.

Off Grid 24/7 said:
When I'm in those area's or pretty much any town, I seek out largish apartment complexes where the overflow parking is on the street.  Generally no hassles, and I don't do stealth.

great advice, thank you. Now that I think of it I have found the same to be true.

Also look for multi business things that stay open late. I lived in my pt for years up there, and one of the plea we would park at was a complex of business's. There was a home Depot, a burger king, a pet store, and a rite Aid that was open 24hr. Also, if you find a crispy cream donut shop, they give out free fresh, out of the oven glazed donuts. Plus their coffee was pretty cheep. And free wifi. Also if I remember right, I think you were able to get one free refill of coffee while you're there.

There was a place called father's heart that has free showers, and would let you do a load of laundery for free. It has been a few years. But it still should be there.

Cynncat said:
Also look for multi business  things that stay open late. I lived in my pt for years up there, and one of the plea we would park at was a complex of business's. There was a home Depot, a burger king, a pet store, and a rite Aid that was open 24hr.  Also, if you find a crispy cream donut shop, they give out free fresh, out of the oven glazed donuts. Plus their coffee was pretty cheep. And free wifi. Also if I remember right, I think you were able to get one free refill of coffee while you're there.  

There was a place called father's  heart that has free showers, and would let you do a load of laundery for free.  It has been a few years. But it still should be there.

I am in Seeattle and a good area is around airport way down by the Spokcan bridge acually under it. It is  a industrial area there are lots of places in that area. Also homeless tents. Also up on Meyers way another area across from a shag housing. Parking unless it is posted you can public park on a street for 72  hours..south end of seattle is much better.