The Fork King's "casa del sapore" build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fork King

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I finally started my build on the 8' x 18' trailer. This trailer is a redo build I totally gutted it and need to have it finished for the fall / winter season this is my home.

1st layer of insulation is complete 1". I will be starting the 2nd layer this week. Insulated floor, ceiling, & walls.

If anyone is interested I will post the cost of the build.1000003069.jpg

Insulation = 1200.00 2" of foam board. 1" layers going in opposite direction. Have to build the walls out 1".

Well not much to update. I had to work 7 days last week @ my full-time job and no time to work on the build. I did remove the old water heater and installed the new on demand unit.

I ran to town after work and picked up a few supplies to finish the insulation, solar panel rail system, cabinet framing 2x2's. I am using strut channel for the solar panel rail system. I will be using angle brackets for the solar so I can tilt the panels. Looking into a motorized system to do it automatically.

So far I'm off Wednesday and Thursday this week so I plan to get a lot done this week.

1000003218.jpg1000003217.jpg

Well 3 friends stopped by to help out today.
1000003374.jpg

Got more insulation done. I'm still working on the 2nd layer. Taking a bit longer since I have to rip 1/2" plywood sheets to make a 1" spacer for the 2nd inch of insulation.

Got the 2 30gal water tanks out. Going to reuse them. They are getting bleached out, and all new water lines.

1000003372.jpg

That is probably it for now I'm 5 beers in tunes cranking 'vanilla fudge' 😆 my favorite drummer Carmine Appice good Ole italiano feller from my home town Brooklyn, NY.

Not telling you what to do but you only want 1 vapor barrier & it on the heated side. In the '70s they wrapped poly on the ext framing & rotted the walls.

That is the polyisocyanurate. I kept fighting with myself on which way to put the foil face. I spend 8 months a year in a colder environment so I went with foil face in. That is on the roof side only.

The framing is all metal and the 2nd 1" layer is Extruded Polystyrene non foil faced.

I keep moisture under control with a warm air dehumidifier.

Do you still think it might be an issue?