Amazon interview

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decodancer

Reaction score
Well it looks like I'll be Kentucky bound in late October. I was very impressed with the woman I spoke with. She asked questions that would ensure that I would be put in a place that I would be compatible with. I'm afraid of heights and would freeze if I had to go up on a catwalk, no problem, first floor it is. They have a smoking cage off both break rooms so that answered another concern. They're hiring around 550 workampers this year. Lots of dog owners at the six campgrounds that stay open just for Amazon employees so I should be able to swap dog walking with somebody. She was very complimentary of rvers and said although most are older, they are by far the most reliable. She mentioned one woman who camps with three pets in a motorcycle trailer. I thought my van was small. I know the hours are long but I can do anything for two months. Might even be fun.

Its well worth it in the end!!!.....I wish I could still do it , you will be able to put away a good chunk of money....you will meet new friends and you will be able to go to any Amazon work site after and put a little more away as you feel the urge!!!

congrats!!!!

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:14 PM
Hello again working campers! We are continuing to hire for 2014. Here is some up to date news about our Fall work for campers:

Fernley, NV - we have stopped taking applications for this site as we are full up now.

Campbellsville, KY - we are over 90% full so if you are interested in working at this site for Peak 2014 I encourage you to apply NOW.

Coffeyville, KS - We are still looking for workers for Peak 2014. We're in the process of making up a campground brochure (complete with photos) for this location and they will be available by mid-June. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] with your email address & I'll get it to you as soon as it's finished. Not getting email? Send me your mailing address & we'll snail mail it to you.

Murfreesboro, TN - the new kid on the block! We have just begun a pilot program at this location for 2014 to determine if the CamperForce Program will be a optimal solution. If you are interested, go to www.amazon.com/camperforce and apply.

Go to http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=111099&hl= to read more.

I just got an e-mail asking for referrals as well. A t-shirt and an entry into a drawing for two $500 gas cards is the reward. They say you have a 1 in 10 chance at the gift card, pretty good odds.

Keep in mind Amazon is not the only company that hires for this kind of job. Go get your experience working for Amazon, then next time you need a job you will have a easy time getting hired elsewhere.

Pretty much all major big box stores have distribution centers scattered across the US, you just have to find them. With all the work is very similar, so once you have experience it's very easy to go to a temp agency and get placed somewhere and then you don't have to limit yourself to the areas Amazon has DC's.

I'm in Denver now I started work my second day in town, first day was the interview making $12/hr which is higher than Amazon. I've however turned down 5 other jobs some paying higher but I figured I was better off to get a few paychecks than jump to a new job.

I've now been working here a little under a month and tomorrow I'm interviewing for a position that pays $15 to start as a temp and $18/hr once hired. Granted these places don't pay for your camping spot, but if you stealth you don't need one and some of these places offer a ton of overtime. ( I'm not a fan of crazy amounts of working but one guy where I'm at did 50 hours of over time last week, which is crazy)

Get yourself experience with Amazon and if you find you are ok with the work "it's usually mind numbing" then once you have experience, you can usually find work anywhere in the country.