A informal summer gathering in Flagstaff

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ve been havng a strange compulsion to play with my mashed potatoes lately...

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 29
Gary68 said:
when the ranger ask who is in charge 150 people are going to point to Jim :D

if this is the informal gathering,whats the formal? must of showered within the week and have underwear on?

that leaves me out! :cool:

Optimistic Paranoid said:
This led me to speculate that SOMEBODY in the Forest Service is keeping an eye on this forum, at least the GATHERINGS sub-forum.

Anyway, it is possible this whole thread is being monitored
Absolutely agree. Age old tactic.

That's fine and they can learn via the same route that this isn't going to be like the RTR was. I'll send Max the wonder puppy out to handle anyone that gets out of line. He has a way with such things. ;)

Kathleen, what you do or don't wear is your own business. I don't plan on any surprise inspections.

Sounds great. Just remember we are not attending an event. It's just the chance to go camping and maybe meet each other.

How about a roll call for those planning to attend? Maybe get an idea of how many are planning on being in the area.

Me

maybe a few days before June 1

Tomcor said:
How about a roll call for those planning to attend? Maybe get an idea of how many are planning on being in the area.

Me

IMHO, this should be done by PM.  That is up to Jim if he wants to take roll.

What's up to Jim? No no no no There is no need for a roll call. Jim just wants to go camping and is too lazy to change his plans. I started this thread saying that and can't tell others not to because there will be nothing to be in charge of. I can't tell people how to camp because I have a friend that was in Michigan a few days ago and doesn't want to change his plans either considering they include us combining our solar systems for over 2k in panel. We are going to see just how far we can push a solar generator.

Now if you want to swap rig descriptions so that when we see it we know it's someone we can say hi to, great. I have a bigass trailer with a lot of solar, towed by a truck with a lot of solar and solar ovens out front. So you can imagine I will be looking for the sunniest spot possible. There is also my yappy little schnauzer who thinks he owns the forest and is willing to tell anything he sees or hears all about it. Stop by, say hi and have some coffee. I'll show you all the things I post about.

You would REALLY need a permit then.

Rob

Tomcor said:

Me

best possible way to be seen as a group, aside from the stickers
Everyone just show up, or don't

jimindenver said:
I'll send Max the wonder puppy out to handle anyone that gets out of line. He has a way with such things. ;)

Kathleen, what you do or don't wear is your own business. I don't plan on any surprise inspections.

Lol, Jim! I can't wait to meet Max. Such a cutie!

I have the distinct impression that Jim is going to need a bail fund before this is all over . . .

I hereby pledge $20 towards it. :cool:

You can tell Max is trouble even at this young age. I tried 15 pictures to get both looking toward the camera at the same time. This is the closest I came. Jim is the tall one.

IMG_0230.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 62
Thanks Rob for posting the wonder puppy and his favorite chew toy.

I am back near Flagstaff after driving down from Hurricane. Someday I need to do it again while not in a rush for it is one of the most intense scenic routes I have been on.

Where I am is not near where I will be next week although I plan on scoping that area out in advance. I really hope the internet is better over there. I am connected here but just barely. Luckily the Mobley connected without the booster so that I could get online and find the towers. Once I knew where to aim the antenna I was able to get my Verizon to connect but it is very weak. I am showing nothing for Sprint and T-Mobile. So everything goes through the Mobley. It makes the phones function to a degree but I can not get calls or text right now. I can get calls out via Voip and stream on the laptop but the signal isn't fast enough for the Firestick.

So I am in the area, I was only going to drive out here and come back next week. After getting over all the ruts and bumps my friend and I said the hell with it and set up camp on the outskirts. Neither of us felt like driving out just to come back in a few days. The area is much smaller than I thought, how Bob got 75 in here is beyond me. The main area is full of RVs and all but two are empty holding a spot for the up coming holiday I suppose.

It's a nice area. The drive in isn't too bad as long as you take it easy. All I can tell you so far is that AT&T and Verizon show a bar native, four bars with the booster set up. I even get Sprint LTE but T-Mobile shows nothing so far.

There is a group of us (10 so far) camped out in Flagstaff in a great open area not too far to get too from the main road with a small part of the road being bumpy with great cell service for everyone in our group if you want to change locations. A person camping with us went to the summer RTR last year and said this area is bigger. There are several RVs that came in today but it looks like just people here for the memorial day weekend.

Latest posts