24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some repair kits you can use. They of course are meant for smaller cracks. But it might be worth considering to try and hold it together until you can get to your preferred replacement place.

For my cracked windshield it wasn't the cold that made it worse. It was the temperature change causing it to expand and contract. In cooler weather it's likely one will turn the heater on and further the issue.

In my case it was cold in the mornings and became fairly warm during the day. A stable crack I had for months went crazy in short order under those conditions.

There are some repair kits you can use. They of course are meant for smaller cracks. But it might be worth considering to try and hold it together until you can get to your preferred replacement place.

For my cracked windshield it wasn't the cold that made it worse. It was the temperature change causing it to expand and contract. In cooler weather it's likely one will turn the heater on and further the issue.

In my case it was cold in the mornings and became fairly warm during the day. A stable crack I had for months went crazy in short order under those conditions.
No need to concerned. I am not in a cold location so there will be no thermal shock happening.

As to the DIY stop crack IF I should feel the need for it I can DIY drill and fill a stop crack fix. I have the tools for it. I travel with smaller sized, variable low to high speed drill motors, small drill bits as well as small, fine grit, ponted, diamond coated burrs. The local stores carry the auto glass, chip filler, UV glue repair kits.

Last edited:
I watched a seagull totally destroy a windshield once, laughed to myself as I thought what the owner of that car would do when they came back to their car filled with glass bits and a bit of shellfish and seagull poop. With in a week, it happened to me only just a big crack. That was a weird call to the insurance adjuster......

I saw a YouTube video where Jason Mamoa is (or was) living in a van after he separated from his wife. I added a comment inviting him to the 2025 RTR. Any bets on if he would join? I doubt he will never even see the comment.

I saw a YouTube video where Jason Mamoa is (or was) living in a van after he separated from his wife. I added a comment inviting him to the 2025 RTR. Any bets on if he would join? I doubt he will never even see the comment.
That would be so cool. I wonder if there's a way to get hold of his publicist. (Iirc it was a pretty swank-ass van.)

^^^^ Earth Roamer customized for his needs for a king size bed, etc. . Base price 750k. Unkown what all the customization options cost.

I finally got around to starting some new designs for my Etsy store. It will go slow until I get back into sync again with all the commands and functions for the CAD program I design in. But the common commands I need to use seem to be coming back fairly fast for my brain and physical movement memories. A couple of hours of that was enough for today.

On hot days the libraries are a great retreat from the heat! Plus grid power for my power hungry older laptop.

The water at La OSA South has started to taste a bit salty with more minerals. I heard second hand that the new facility for water at The atyson Wash LTVA, just across Hwy 95 from La Posa South has finally turned the water on. That iis using a different well and the filters are brand new. I think I will check it out for quality before I decide to but water in town. It is not expensive to get in town but …

No it was bare bones. But all he was doing was sleeping in it. Probably only a publicity post.
Earth Roamer “bare bones” equals luxury off road RVing. Nothing is lacking in the kitchen, bath, bedroom or lounging areas. If you are an actor and working in remote areas for doing adventure films an Earth Roamer might come under the heading of “business” expense for housing. If you make the bucks you might as well enjoy living more comfortably on locations versus a film production company renting a bunch of trailers to house the actors in. He is a very big person and those types of standard RVs and trailers are not at all huge guy friendly. I would imagine that he did require customization in the Earth Roamer as well, starting with the width of the bathroom door and size of the shower. Then there are things like countertop heights as well. His needs are not the typical for most people including actually needing a Kingsize bed because he is a king sized man. A standard sized RV dining table setup or couch would never be comfortable for him.

Last edited:
The wind has been rocking the motor home all day. It just started raining lightly here in Quartzsite. Where I'm moving this next week has snow and freezing temps all week. I think I'll stay around Q for another week.

Yep most of Arizona will cool off a little the next few days as well.

Wind gust are definitely smacking the West facing side of my trailer this evening but the worst of the storm will be over in a few more hours. Definetly a good night for movie watching. The sound of the film helps mask the noise of the wind and the story distracts my mind from the storm.
Of course s good war movie would fit nicely into the wind blast movements. But I do not have one of those in the queue for this evening.

I don't mind wind as long as there are no trees that can fall on me... We had another one fall last week, That makes 3 this winter. I'm not talking about little 25 foot trees this last one was well over 200 feet and had a base something around 6 ft. I'm getting really tired of my weak trees! Oh well we still have lots of trees left.

Having lived around areas with large trees I am aware of how deadly they can be especially at night during a storm. A young girl was killed while sleeping in her bed when a large tree fell on her house. Be aware of what can happen. I had a large tree fall parallel to my motorhome about a foot away while camping in a developed campground, never gave it a thought while parking!

Earth Roamer “bare bones” equals luxury off road RVing. Nothing is lacking in the kitchen, bath, bedroom or lounging areas. If you are an actor and working in remote areas for doing adventure films an Earth Roamer might come under the heading of “business” expense for housing. If you make the bucks you might as well enjoy living more comfortably on locations versus a film production company renting a bunch of trailers to house the actors in. He is a very big person and those types of standard RVs and trailers are not at all huge guy friendly. I would imagine that he did require customization in the Earth Roamer as well, starting with the width of the bathroom door and size of the shower. Then there are things like countertop heights as well. His needs are not the typical for most people including actually needing a Kingsize bed because he is a king sized man. A standard sized RV dining table setup or couch would never be comfortable for him.
You are correct. I did not look at the van very well. I must say I was a bit distracted. Old, not dead or blind. It is quite the luxury vehicle. Plus he had it custom made which probably made it cost twice as much.

Watching a few tours of the Earth Roamer there is no way a tall man can sit up in the over cab bed. A petite woman who filmed a tour of one was able to sit up under the roof exit window over that bed. The solar panels on the roof are made to be walked on so that the roof also functions as an outdoor deck space. There is also a passage way from the truck cab into the living area. Pretty handy when traveling for pit stops not to have to climb up down to use the exterior doors. You need to be in very good physical shape for arm and leg strength to enter and exit the Earth Roamer. A traveling climbing gym!

Not to mention the number of people knocking on your door or standing outside wanting a tour! Talk about making yourself a target for thieves! Lol!!!

^^^ not an issue, they will find it difficult reach the door in the rear to knock on it. The stairs retract. Those military style vehicles do not say “ welcome strangers”. They say stay away, we are well armed and do not like intruders. But there are idiots everywhere who treat unusual vehicles as an open to the public tourist attraction where personal tours are available just for knocking. Celebrities also get treated like a public tourist attraction with people thinking they actually want to have strangers walk up and greet them when they are out in a public place. It is an impulse control issue. Getting way out and off road brings a lot of much needed privacy for celebrities. At least out there they do not have the press and social media hordes hanging outside their houses looking for content.

Last edited: