24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we survived the 2 week heat dome and now we are having quite a bit of fire activity in SE Washington.Asotin county.

A couple days ago ash dust AND chunks were falling from the sky. I just took a picture from my back porch looking to the south.. where the fire is about a 10 minute drive... and then blue skies to the north slowly being blacked out.

Most of the burning is scrubland and cropland at the moment but it is moving closer and closer to the eastern edge of the Blue mountains.

I imagine the sunset will be incredible tonight.

Attachments

• 1626056853910.jpg
    1626056853910.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 6
  • 1626056854512.jpg
    1626056854512.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Maki2 Really do they wear feathers? I’ve never gone into a place like that so I wouldn’t know.???

I don’t wanna brag to my friends out west but we just had a wonderful thunderstorm with at least a half an inch of rain and the temperature is 69 degrees.

God bless and Good night to all the nomads, may you sleep well.

desert_sailing said:
Well we survived the 2 week heat dome and now we are having quite a bit of fire activity in SE Washington.Asotin county.
Last Summer I had friends, and family both, that had to evacuate the fires in Oregon.  They didn't lose their homes thankfully.  I can't imagine being in a fire again.  Years ago, wow, yep it's been some years, about 43 :s Lived in an apartment building that went up.

I've had amazing results doing **** (since Jan. 2021) and it's surprising how easy it's become to maintain. My biggest fasts are at night plus the mornings since I don't eat until several hours after I get up around 6. ****, is basically low-carb, high fats, a bit lower protein than fat, and I eat below 50 g of carbs a day. I can't have the grains, or other carbs that spike my Type 2, but I eat plenty of Salmon, Olive oil and vegies ;) I'm not hungry between meals, so maybe 5-6 hour fasts.

Best wishes on yours, it's really changed me in lots of positive ways ;)

Yeah between the olive oil and the salmon and the salmon oil caps I take I'm probably eating more oil on this diet than I usually do.

You know if these twist pinheads had been glow in the dark I could have been making constellations on my van ceiling.

LOL ;) Speak of constellations, one, big draw for me to do the RV thing is to get out where there isn't any light-pollution, or foggy coastlines to use my telescopes. I miss those backyard campouts with my friends when I was a kid. I love star-gazing!

I was afraid to eat more fat as I had it drilled into my head that fats (healthy fats) were bad for me. Now my body pretty much burns fat for fuel rather than carbs. Don't miss the withdrawals I had from too many carbohydrates. Once in awhile I still get a bit of a craving, especially around folks that are eating anything they want ;)

@wanderingsoul: You might be able to find some glow in the dark paint for the pin heads.

Thanks everyone for travel and build inspiration. I'm still sitting at home waiting for a delivery person to phone me. I have to get the delivery taken care of before I can roam.

i wanna see stars....yep...that's the reason for me too....i can't remember the last time i saw a sky filled with stars..if ever...all i ever see is little patches....

at this point in time i can't imagine me roughing it living out of a car....i am declining in health...body stiff...no energy...no motivation......if & when my energy comes back it will be a different story.....right now i just want to survive as comfortably as i can.....i have zero tolerance for struggle & hardships now.....

i am so happy for all of you that are doing it  :heart:

I saw the Milky Way from my place a while back and I was shocked. It was faint, but I could see it. Been here 8 years and have never been able to see it before.

I still haven't seen more than two satellites in a Starlink train though. I'm about to give up.

I kind of feel like you do sometimes, Gypsy. I really helps if you can get out and do something. A walk in a park even. It doesn't have to be drastic. Then do it again the next day and the day after that. If you can.

i was going swimming for a while....then it got too cold.....then i lost my mojo......i finally got a walker to help me walk long distances.....thanks Wanderingsoul  :heart: i love everything you say & do here  :heart: :heart: :heart:

If you want to lose weight get started on your builds and get out boondocking.

If you want to lose fat and not muscle you need to exercise while you diet. Exercise burns calories so you will also lose faster. Working on your build and doing boondocking will help your overall mental and physical health.

Less dreaming and more physical action towards your goals of living the nomadic life. The summer is half over.

Stupid senior brain on auto pilot. I moved my car and then took the key out of my ignitoon as is a many years long habit. Now I am stuck as it the pins in the lock let the key go in but not turn the cylinder. Oh well, perhaps I can replace it myself. There are several youtube videos showing how to do it and I do have tools. Not dead easy to do but not impossible either. Fortunately I am camped next to someone who goes into town everyday and there is a Honda dealer in town so I can get an OEM part. If not the ignition is available through autozone and Amazon.

"“live nude dancers”"

....as opposed to the dead ones?!!!

Sigh, summer ain't "half over" yet here in Central Florida.

desert_sailing said:

A couple days ago ash dust AND chunks were falling from the sky. I just took a picture from my back porch looking to the south.. where the fire is about a 10 minute drive... and then blue skies to the north slowly being blacked out.

Most of the burning is scrubland and cropland at the moment but it is moving closer and closer to the eastern edge of the Blue mountains.

I imagine the sunset will be incredible tonight.
Oh my those pics look ominous. Hope they got it out.
-crofter

Summer season is already over in Florida; now its hurricane season. The Gulf Coast rules are different.

There's so much going on right now Palouse on fire? Maki's key not working? People on ****? Other things happening. Dancers dead or alive for Nature Lover. I just can't keep up with you all. Doesn't help that I spent the day on the road... I had to drive to the town of Klamath River (hour and a half east of here) to get my delivery from Texas as they weren't going to bring it all the way to Happy Camp. Oh no... can't do that. But their truck is huge like a small semi, so I guess they're concerned about costs.

I got there and waited two hours. It was 100 degrees in the shade according to my van, which displays exterior heat on the dash. Good thing I've developed a bit of patience over the years thanks to my kids. Then went to Yreka and paid a bill, bought more books (I know that's crazy) and came home. Glad the delivery debacle is over. I don't even want to tell you how much I paid that company for their delivery.

Glad to be home sitting in my trailer. Tomorrow is my birthday. I feel like going over Grayback regardless of the official road closure. Grayback is the road that leads to Oregon.. and the name of the mountain. I've heard rumors that they won't give locals tickets for using the supposedly closed road. I'd like to stay at the Lilly Pad Treehouse Retreat in Takilma. Right now I'm reading a book set in that area.