24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a number of places to camp near Williams. I like the area near Dog Town reservoir the best as it is more forested. The forest of tall trees with a lot of birdlife is a a real treat after a winter in the desert.

packing up day to move to slightly higher ground that will not be as muddy as this campsite I am in as rain is predicted for Thursday.

Last edited:
All settled into my campsite just a little ways from my last spot. I now have mellow friends on each side of me that I have camped with before. But the wind will be keeping us mostly indoors. Fortunately my trailer is pretty close to being nose end into the wind for this upcoming 3 day cold front event. One of my friends has Starlink and they share that connection with me! That is nice because the Verizon tower near this location gets crowded in the evenings.

The weather forecast services I use are differing in their predictions regarding how cold it will get this weekend. They all predict some precipitation but some say at my location rain in the hours around dawn there wlill be rain and other weather apps say snow flurries. . But either way there will be fresh snow up on the mountain tops this week end.

Right now the sun is streaming into my east window quickly warming up my travel trailer. Life is good for the moment and I will savor that along with coffee and a hot breakfast.

Last edited:
Cold and rainy day with some snow flurries this morning. It reminds me of being in Seattle in March! Rinse and repeat for two more days to come.

Burr!!! Nice in Tucson today but was hot a few days ago and will be late next week. 70’s and 50’s with a “breeze” today!

Trying to store up the cool temps for later (ha, like that works).
That used to get done. A sizeable industry in the days before electric refrigeration was people cutting thick blocks of lake ice and storing it to sell in the summer months.

Latest posts