2018 RTR disabled/ chronic illness meet and greet?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AbuelaLoca said:
I'm interested, Blanch! I think I'm going to miss the first few days of the RTR, though, as I'll still be traveling in from Missouri.

Hi,
I'm in Missouri also, Columbia. I'd be interested in attending.
Maybe we can sort of caravan and keep an eye out for each other.
Are there any more members from MO that you might know of?
Stay safe!

Of course I'm interested!

The area for handicapped to camp needs to be larger... somehow...  IDK how...  but I really do need to be closer to the main area.  I've been to 2 RTRs and haven't caught but 1/2 of one seminar in 2 years. :C    

It takes me 5 days to drive out (and another 5 back)....  for 1/2 a seminar well...  :D  I need a closer site! lolololol

drJean

Mockingbird Educational Development Inc

If we need materials of info to handout, my non-profit corp can produce them.

I held this event at my TT. Maybe we could make it better next year by having it at the main meeting area. I can ask Bob later on in the year. RTR will be at a new spot for 2019 and I have no knowledge of the new spot or the parking situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this idea. I most likely can't be at my first RTR until 2020, but I wanted to chime in anyway that this is a great idea. I also had the concern about parking and access to main event for disabilities and wondered if there has been any thought put into this.

Since I can't contribute at the 2019 here's some info on stuff I've already done. We are building our RV with my disabilities in mind. Sometimes I have trouble walking and so we went with the ramp. Note this is also good for our older dog. Yesterday's snow taught me it's slippery in snow so maybe I'll add those shower/tub stickies on top of the paint.

We are putting in 2 cots that can be raised at the foot to allow floor access by the ramp. We could store 2 electric bikes there for getting around at the campsite. Question - any common problems with riding these things when in an RV park. Probably ok boondocking, eh?

The other thing about the cots is we have space between them for easy bed making as well as getting in and out and not climbing over each other. Note that we are building a tiny RV I know most Class A's don't have this problem. Our space is 7' x 16'. I think most couples RV's comfort zone would be 8' x 24' as the minimum. This is kind of an experiment at going small as a couple.

I would like to attend also , I was wanting to be headed that way by now but had a delay getting wound vac off. So doctors said no traveling. Hopefully I can leave here by the end of November.