Hello - newbie here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Shannon. I am married, and he has no interest in learning to live in this type of lifestyle. But, I am interested in it and am going to try my darndest to get this accomplished. I am disabled and have two Personal Care Assistant's and one is willing to travel with me (actually drive me). My goal has been to try and turn my minivan into a part-time travel van. The issue has been, I haven't found one person to help with the van build. I do live on disability and anyone who lives on disability knows you are on a budget. Besides that, when I show people what I am interested in doing to the van and what I need. They look at me and tell me I am crazy... lol... I get a lot of, "why do you want to do that"? 

I have been following Bob on Youtube forever and love watching him "Hi Bob, Hi Suzanne!" And it makes my heart want to travel more. I just want to see the United States, visit each National Park and go through and see every small town it takes to get there (of course, staying in my van the whole time). In the winter I also live in a frozen tundra and would like to be someplace, any place warmer. I have also wanted to be apart of the women's caravan! whoo hoo! I'm so sad about COVID...

Well, that's my introduction. So hello, nice to meet you. And if you happen to be in my neck of the woods, could you come and help me? please? pretty please with sugar on top? 

Thanks for listening! Shannon

Welcome Shannon to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

It would help if you post what part of this vast country you are in.