2018 RTR disabled/ chronic illness meet and greet?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The disabled/chronic illness meet and greet will be easy to find. I’ll be somewhere close to the main fire pit and I am in a silver 30ft travel trailer. So you won’t have to look at a few hundred white vans to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where I will be. I am not real big on the high density thing. That said my truck with the giant solar panel on top is some what distinctive. You might also notice the one to five solar cookers/ovens out front of the trailer.

Oh! This would be awesome! If I am able to make it out there from Kansas (which I hope beyond all hope that I can), I would love to connect with others with disabilities who do this! I am very nervous/anxious/afraid of actually doing this and going out there alone...when I have trouble going to the store alone! But I am hopeful and determined to try!!!!!
:D

bethiebugs said:
Oh! This would be awesome! If I am able to make it out there from Kansas (which I hope beyond all hope that I can), I would love to connect with others with disabilities who do this! I am very nervous/anxious/afraid of actually doing this and going out there alone...when I have trouble going to the store alone! But I am hopeful and determined to try!!!!!
:D

I drove two and a half days to get to the RTR last year. It was my first. I learned so much! It was really worth the trip for me. I hope you can make it!

I'll be with my adult autistic son. He's a bit worried about finding people to talk to. He talks a lot! Be forewarned.

whitewolf said:
I'll be with my adult autistic son. He's a bit worried about finding people to talk to. He talks a lot! Be forewarned.

He will find people. My son is autistic also (he is not coming). But he always talks to everybody and they always seem to talk back.

whitewolf said:

Yes! Another Autism Spectrumite! I hope to meet you and your son. :)

I would like to attend. Fully disabled, and a little concerned about what will happen when I can no longer climb the ladder up to my bed or handle dumping tanks, etc.

Sue Soaring Sun
20-ft 1984 Lazy Daze mini-motorhome

TheSun said:
I would like to attend. Fully disabled, and a little concerned about what will happen when I can no longer climb the ladder up to my bed or handle dumping tanks, etc.

Sue Soaring Sun
20-ft 1984 Lazy Daze mini-motorhome

I wonder the same thing! I sure hope I can keep doing this for a very long time. See you at the RTR.

Do what you can while you can. It isn't something just for the disabled because no one knows when the day will come that you regret not doing stuff while you could.

I’m thinking a midweek evening around five. We can do a potluck and share ideas on how to live this life while ill or disabled. The weekends at the RTR the population swells, being disabled myself I’d like to do this on a slower day.

Blanch said:
I’m thinking a midweek evening around five. We can do a potluck and share ideas on how to live this life while ill or disabled. The weekends at the RTR the population swells, being disabled myself I’d like to do this on a slower day.

Please keep us updated. Thank you

Sounds good to me as well, wife and I are planning this one, just not sure of the days we will be out... She has a couple doctor apt. and I as well.
So pencil us in~!

So, how soon are people planning to meet up? I'm at Slab City and have meet another nomad who is also disabled and interested in attending. I'm debating on heading there in the next couple of days. Would really love a reply on this.

Crave said:
So, how soon are people planning to meet up? I'm at Slab City and have meet another nomad who is also disabled and interested in attending. I'm debating on heading there in the next couple of days. Would really love a reply on this.

I won’t be in Quartzsite until the RTR. I’ll be in Ehrenberg just after Christmas. The area of the RTR is an enforced 14 day limit so arriving too early is a problem.