2014 Chevy Express 2500 Van Build: Luisafernandes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sassypickins said:
Oooo! So exciting! Great first effort at making a video and I really like the partition wall from the cab side. It is beautiful. Can't wait to see the next installment!

Sassy, I have all these things to say and then I press the record button. [emoji85]

Ken in Anaheim said:
Just a thought : how about a 3-5 foot piece of Romex or thick wire (which holds it shape when bent). Press it against the contours of the wall then lay it on top of the piece of wood to be cut, trace the contours and then cut away.
KinA
mind blown...you know how long it took us to get ours shapped? genius.

Ken in Anaheim said:
Just a thought : how about a 3-5 foot piece of Romex or thick wire (which holds it shape when bent). Press it against the contours of the wall then lay it on top of the piece of wood to be cut, trace the contours and then cut away.
KinA

As another said, that sounds BRILLIANT!

I'll definitely let you all know soon.

Thanks for the video and the more detailed description and pics of your bulkhead. I will need to make one too. I've loved reading your build thread but I agree with HDR, every time I see your cooking I get hungry. It's usually late at night before I go to bed and I have no business eating then.(I love pancakes and you cook them a lot so you must too) It's also nice to know that real food can be cooked inside the van.

Can't wait to see more videos! Love your thread and your sense of humor throughout it.

Cheers

GypsyChic

gypsychic said:
Thanks for the video and the more detailed description and pics of your bulkhead. I will need to make one too. I've loved reading your build thread but I agree with HDR, every time I see your cooking I get hungry. It's usually late at night before I go to bed and I have no business eating then.(I love pancakes and you cook them a lot so you must too) It's also nice to know that real food can be cooked inside the van.

Can't wait to see more videos! Love your thread and your sense of humor throughout it.

Cheers

GypsyChic

gypsychic, thank you for the kind words!
I guess without a sense of humor I'd be crying all the time. Please, if you are tucked in bed, late at night, and you read my thread, and you see this
403233e54b90f62e4fdba42ad5c6460e.jpg

Don't go eat [emoji724][emoji490]! Save your appetite for the morning[emoji295]️ [emoji1]
This public announcement brought to you by a semi-awake me[emoji56]

The second video is up!
Here's the link;

Luis, you brighten up the day and/or night for many people, I am sure of it. Once when I had to make a speech I couldn't even get the first word out of my mouth because I forgot it all. Awful moment!!! Oh and btw, the video quality is actually better than most, imho.

So, I forgot, is there a wall behind the curtain or is that just a heavy curtain divider between the house and the garage and what is that back there with the bungie cord around it? I know, you will get to that, right? ha ha hurry up!

sassypickins said:
Luis, you brighten up the day and/or night for many people, I am sure of it. Once when I had to make a speech I couldn't even get the first word out of my mouth because I forgot it all. Awful moment!!! Oh and btw, the video quality is actually better than most, imho.

So, I forgot, is there a wall behind the curtain or is that just a heavy curtain divider between the house and the garage and what is that back there with the bungie cord around it? I know, you will get to that, right? ha ha hurry up!

Thanks sassy!
Behind the curtain I have a swimming pool [emoji41] no just kidding, it's the trunk/garage area.
The bungee cord is a secret. You'll have to wait to see [emoji56]
Ok, you can go see now, video is uploaded, finally. Only took all night[emoji23][emoji106]

janncoo said:
Looks good Luis. Jan

Thanks Jan!

The third video is uploaded[emoji106] and only took all night[emoji1], and no, I didn't stay up watching it upload[emoji42]
Here's the link;

id be going to the hospital with all the concussion i would suffer from hitting my head on the cabinet above your bed lol

DazarGaidin said:
id be going to the hospital with all the concussion i would suffer from hitting my head on the cabinet above your bed lol

That's why I planned before I built. From a laying down position I can get up without hitting my head [emoji6]

nice vids, looks like you are making the best of a very hard situation

GSSP said:
nice vids, looks like you are making the best of a very hard situation

Thank you GSSP! When life gives you lemons...
As far as the videos, that's what you get when hiring amateur cameramen, not to mention the actor[emoji327][emoji124][emoji4]

Hi everyone!
Part 4 of my van tour has been uploaded to YouTube! Thanks for watching! Oh, and

[emoji116][emoji116]
press the [emoji117]"LIKE"[emoji118] button if you like it[emoji779]️
[emoji115][emoji115]
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji1][emoji1][emoji56]

Here's the link;

And leave a comment! Love to hear from you!

I'm working overtime here burning the midnight oil, about 4 hour to upload a six minute video on LTE with 4/5 bars[emoji42]
Part 5 in now on the airwaves!
Here's the link;

Thank you for watching[emoji779]️[emoji106]

DazarGaidin said:
What thickness plywood did you use for your cabinets?

1/2 inch. I thought of using 1/4 to make it lighter, but changed my mind. 1/4 inch just wouldn't provide enough sturdiness, I believe.

For those of you hungry this morning, here's another episode of cooking and eating in the rolling earth-ship;
pancakes with berries and drinking completely Naked. Might do a video on the subject [emoji4]
47e84750db42b233574dbed76bb47bc1.jpg

928a7fd230815a54029808323d3ac7d7.jpg

Latest posts