2014 Chevy Express 2500 Van Build: Luisafernandes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luisafernandes said:
"Naked" is the juice, not me
Thanks for the clarification.

By the way, I re-read this thread (yes, all 44 pages), and didn't see how many miles is on the van? What was it in it's prior life (that is, who did you buy it from)?

A van like yours is something everyone needs. Suppose you move in with a woman, and you suspect your argument with her could escalate into a police call. You can just get in the van, drive to walmart and go to sleep. If you go to the bar and have 2 or 3 beers, instead of risking your future driving home, you just get in the van and sleep for a couple of hours. One good thing about your van is it's hard to use it as a cargo van. People are always asking me to help them move stuff for them, and like a sap I always do. I have to take everything out of the van, put it somewhere, help them move, then put everything back in. The people I help have no idea how much work it really is.

HarmonicaBruce said:

By the way, I re-read this thread (yes, all 44 pages), and didn't see how many miles is on the van? What was it in it's prior life (that is, who did you buy it from)?

A van like yours is something everyone needs. Suppose you move in with a woman, and you suspect your argument with her could escalate into a police call. You can just get in the van, drive to walmart and go to sleep. If you go to the bar and have 2 or 3 beers, instead of risking your future driving home, you just get in the van and sleep for a couple of hours. One good thing about your van is it's hard to use it as a cargo van. People are always asking me to help them move stuff for them, and like a sap I always do. I have to take everything out of the van, put it somewhere, help them move, then put everything back in. The people I help have no idea how much work it really is.

Bruce, I think you may have to reread the whole thing again.
Just kidding [emoji1]
The van had 3 miles when I bought it brand new from the dealer.
The van is my home, I couldn't see myself sharing it with other people's boxes. [emoji604][emoji106]
Make your van a home and tell whomever that you can't do it [emoji40][emoji724][emoji727][emoji604]

Luisafernandes said:
The van had 3 miles when I bought it brand new from the dealer.
Cool. Mine had
6 miles. Personally, I'd much rather work on maintaining a nice piece of equipment than deal with junk. I figure if I'm going to do all this work to make something nice, may as well start with something nice.

You really like pancakes!! Do you make the mix yourself? You can buy some really healthy mixes at whole foods or other natural food stores and get some better nutrition out of them.
Bob

akrvbob said:
You really like pancakes!! Do you make the mix yourself? You can buy some really healthy mixes at whole foods or other natural food stores and get some better nutrition out of them.
Bob

It not that I like them so much, it's more how easy and convenient it is to make them. I do have a package of healthy mix, but I started out with the premix single serving container I just add water to.
I may have had all the knowledge of what I wanted to do and could do in the van, but now I actually live in it, and everyday I learn what I can, almost can, and cannot do in the rolling earth-ship [emoji4]

Ps, I do like pancakes, even more so with berries in them [emoji1][emoji486]

HarmonicaBruce said:

Boy no kidding about the time it takes to make it usable as a cargo van again. I even cringe at the thought when I have to do it for myself.
Now the response is, it's gonna cost you something worth my while, ie money, product, service etc.

MikeRuth said:
Boy no kidding about the time it takes to make it usable as a cargo van again. I even cringe at the thought when I have to do it for myself. Now the response is, it's gonna cost you something worth my while, ie money, product, service etc.
My problem was my daughter likes to move every summer. Three years in a row I helped her move. 2014 is the first year she didn't move, and I'm so greatful. But, I need to empty my van and clean it out and reorganize everything at least once or twice a year anyway.

My luggable loo was one of the first things I bought, and after feeling ignored for so long, I decided to give him a job, one he's good at. Now he's all smiles and won't stop yakking, so I put him away again. Don't worry, he's got TP for company [emoji372]
Here's the set up; Mr loo, 5 gallon bucket, 2 scented garbage bags, one inside the other, and Febreze. No fuss, no smells, no mess.
e8cfb010c86c5959e74a94838c7f91c1.jpg

Update on the, um [emoji372] smell.
I left the bags inside the bucket overnight, and this morning when I went to throw them out I [emoji103] smelled them, just to check, you can call that a public service to the vandwelling community. There was a slight odor coming from the bag. I checked inside the bucket and same thing, slight odor.
So, conclusion: no odor in the van, but slight odor in the bucket and bags.
Solution: throw bags away as soon as possible, but if I must keep them overnight, cat litter will be my next buy.

even with litter, the bucket and lid are gonna smell unless you toss after each use. if you double bag or use a thick bag it helps with bucket but lid is still doomed. i just got in the habit of pulling bucket outside of van to change it, then bleaching it before replacing next bag. it helps a little. i also wipe the lid with baby wipe and paper towel before use, thats where foul evaporation settles like the lid on a pot. some people say stuff like peet moss work better than litter.

Personally, I like looking for McDonalds. I use their internet, drink their "senior coffee", and use their facilities. I don't like taking a dump in my van. Of course one needs to be ready for an emergency, and the 5 gallon bucket seems to be a good solution. I'll also use it to wash the van. Right now I'm sitting in a bar in Clinton Michigan that has free internet, and $1 draft beer until 8 pm. That's a big 16 oz glass.

Bruce, this was only my second time, what I call a poomergency [emoji372][emoji1].
Since I was parked for the night in my favorite spot, that's what the bucket was for. But like I said, in my case, just a slight odor, in the bucket, not the van, even though the bucket was in the van. Phew.

We all want and need different things and none of them are better or worse.

A life where I live close enough to a McDonalds (or any other building) to poop there every day is not a life I would want.

I've been pooping in the same bucket for 6 years now and it has no odors and has never been cleaned. But it doesn't have a lid and the goodies are never in their for more than a few minutes.
Bob

Hi friends!
My latest YouTube video had been uploaded.!
You'll find this newest video somewhat different from my last one. I've spared no expenses this time. I hired one of the best actors in our generation, one of the best directors, the best script writer and the best camera gear.
Hope you enjoy!

Uploaded another YouTube video on the topic of insulation, and speaking of insulation, the next video to be uploaded will be on; with what and how I insulated the rolling earth-ship.

Luisafernandes said:
Hi friends!
You'll find this newest video somewhat different from my last one. I've spared no expenses this time. I hired one of the best actors in our generation, one of the best directors, the best script writer and the best camera gear.
Hope you enjoy!

Holy cow man that was pretty damn good!!! In fact I subscribed and that my friend is saying something because I now I have whopping total of you-tube subscriptions of...1

I can't even begin to think of the time you spent to make that 4:38 second spot. Well done

Mike R

Luisafernandes said:
Hi friends!
Hope you enjoy!

Holy cow man that was pretty damn good!!! In fact I subscribed and that my friend is saying something because I now I have whopping total of you-tube subscriptions of...1

I can't even begin to think of the time you pent to make that 4:38 second spot. Well done

Mike R

MikeRuth said:

I can't even begin to think of the time you spent to make that 4:38 second spot. Well done

Mike R

I can't even begin to think of the time you pent to make that 4:38 second spot. Well done

Mike R

Michael, thank you! And I returned the favor[emoji106]
The filming didn't take that long. I had an idea of what I wanted and from the time I left the house I was probably done in less than two hours.
The idea was to have a snow storm and other special effects mixed in but, after doing all the editing in one app, I moved to a different app to add the special effects and the app wouldn't use my whole video, only a small portion [emoji17]. And you saw the end result.
The editing took longer. [emoji327]

My latest and greatest YouTube video has been uploaded. It deals with insulation.

I already dealt with all that in here so you may not want to watch, but if you do, thank you!