2014 Chevy Express 2500 Van Build: Luisafernandes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luisafernandes said:
Michael, thank you! And I returned the favor[emoji106]
The filming didn't take that long. I had an idea of what I wanted and from the time I left the house I was probably done in less than two hours.
The idea was to have a snow storm and other special effects mixed in but, after doing all the editing in one app, I moved to a different app to add the special effects and the app wouldn't use my whole video, only a small portion [emoji17]. And you saw the end result.
The editing took longer. [emoji327]
I've done a small amount of editing with some powerful software and it can take easily as long if not much more time than the actual shoot.
There are a lot of folks who have no idea how long a video can take to produce.

I get it!

TC and have a good week, Merry Christmas.

Mike R

One Awesome Inch said:
Do you edit on your smartphone? Im looking for a good vid editor for android.

Yes. As of now I still don't have a camera like GoPro, I'm just using the iPhone and I do all the editing with VideoShop, the red app to the right;
3742fa2048141533102480cf9895624e.jpg

But I also use other app for different kinds of editing.
Let me know if that helps. [emoji106][emoji604]

Thanks! I am going to try that VideoShop... if I can find it for android.

I plan to start my own vandweller youtube channel sometime down the road.

Luisafernandes said:
Update on the, um [emoji372] smell.
I left the bags inside the bucket overnight, and this morning when I went to throw them out I [emoji103] smelled them, just to check, you can call that a public service to the vandwelling community. There was a slight odor coming from the bag. I checked inside the bucket and same thing, slight odor.
So, conclusion: no odor in the van, but slight odor in the bucket and bags.
Solution: throw bags away as soon as possible, but if I must keep them overnight, cat litter will be my next buy.
A lot of those garbage bags do this. I have had to use painters plastic (very thin) in an emergency and there is no smell when fully contained. So it is just a matter of finding the right plastic bag. I know some of the bags are scented ( no thank you, I will scent it myself ) and you can smell the perfume they use being overtaken by funk. I guess if you keep searching you can find a bag that that does not do this!

cdiggy said:
A lot of those garbage bags do this. I have had to use painters plastic (very thin) in an emergency and there is no smell when fully contained. So it is just a matter of finding the right plastic bag. I know some of the bags are scented ( no thank you, I will scent it myself ) and you can smell the perfume they use being overtaken by funk. I guess if you keep searching you can find a bag that that does not do this!

It's all trial and error [emoji40][emoji4][emoji106][emoji106]

Hi everybody!
My latest YouTube video is all fun and games with the kiddies.
Thanks for taking your time watching it! [emoji106][emoji604]

And here's another video, this one more personal. As it pertains to my day to day life when working.
[emoji106][emoji604]

Luis, I have been following you from the start and have been watching your video's. Keep up the good work. I really like your van set up and I'm sure you are going to tweak some things along the way. I have your video's under my favorites so I check it out to see if there is a new video. I have been following Bob's blog and forum for a long time.

Luis, I love your vids... I think I watched them all. The pancake debacle was good for a chuckle.

If you are open to suggestions, the one comment I would make is that you'd likely be happier with less stuff/clutter in the van. Seems like you have alot of stuff just loosely lying around. I know I plan to get rid of everything but the bare essentials, aside from my music gear which I use to make extra cash. But then again I am a minimalist by nature.

Thanks for all your efforts. Your woodwork is second to none!

One Awesome Inch said:
Luis, I love your vids... I think I watched them all. The pancake debacle was good for a chuckle.

If you are open to suggestions, the one comment I would make is that you'd likely be happier with less stuff/clutter in the van. Seems like you have alot of stuff just loosely lying around. I know I plan to get rid of everything but the bare essentials, aside from my music gear which I use to make extra cash. But then again I am a minimalist by nature.

Thanks for all your efforts. Your woodwork is second to none!

Thank you for the kind words. And thank you for watching.
I didn't think I had a lot of stuff just laying around [emoji1] What I do have is necessities, I hope [emoji23]
There's a few things I need to move around for lack of space in the trunk due to my bike being there. There's not much I have in there that I don't need really: I have two pillows. One -20 sleeping bag that I move from the bed when I'm driving, to the side door when I'm in the living area. Mr buddy. A hamper/seat. Water and stuff. Some food. Everything else is inside one of the cabinets.
As with everything, it takes time to become accustomed to a new space, a new environment, a new way of live. Things I may think a need now I may not need at all, and things I didn't think I would need will become part of my everyday life.
I have only been living in my earth-ship for about six months, in another six lots of changes can and probably will take place.
Did you subscribe to my channel? If not I'm going to have to charge you...really, I'm serious.
Just kidding[emoji56]
Keep on watching! Thank you again for the kind words!

ras1 said:
Luis, I have been following you from the start and have been watching your video's. Keep up the good work. I really like your van set up and I'm sure you are going to tweak some things along the way. I have your video's under my favorites so I check it out to see if there is a new video. I have been following Bob's blog and forum for a long time.

Thank you ras1! Very kind of you, and thank you for watching my videos! Don't forget to press the like button[emoji56]
As with everything in life, changes always happen. There will be some tweaks here and there. I'm going to install my solar, hopefully soon, and that will have me rearrange things around to fit the batteries.
I have a few other videos up, don't know if you saw them, have another uploaded not released yet and have a three that I would like to do this weekend if it doest rain to badly.
[emoji106][emoji604]

Yeah, I am subb'd but under a different name.

I'm currently doing my own van build and I am amazed just how long it takes. When I look at your build I can appreciate the amount of work that went into it.

One Awesome Inch said:
Yeah, I am subb'd but under a different name.

I'm currently doing my own van build and I am amazed just how long it takes. When I look at your build I can appreciate the amount of work that went into it.

Cool! Now I know who to send the bill to. [emoji23][emoji23]
Let me know which subscriber you are, if you don't mind obviously.
Yeah, it takes longer than you think it should take. In my case I was alone and for every piece that went in the van I had to go in and out many times.
Hang in there, the end result is worth it.

Ps, I read on your thread that you don't want your wife to know, are you guys divorcing or getting separated? It's ok if you don't want to elaborate. [emoji106][emoji604]

Yeah divorce is inevitable. We have been living like roommates for the last couple of years... separate bedrooms etc. Currently we are living together for the kids but I feel like we are living a lie. The other day my brother offered to babysit our kids while had a 'date night'. That made for very awkward feelings as neither of us want to be alone with the other. After the kids go to bed barely a word is spoken between us. I can't do this too much longer though as its effecting me emotionally. Hope I can last to the summer.

One Awesome Inch said:
Yeah divorce is inevitable. We have been living like roommates for the last couple of years... separate bedrooms etc. Currently we are living together for the kids but I feel like we are living a lie. The other day my brother offered to babysit our kids while had a 'date night'. That made for very awkward feelings as neither of us want to be alone with the other. After the kids go to bed barely a word is spoken between us. I can't do this too much longer though as its effecting me emotionally. Hope I can last to the summer.

If you permit me to say a few words here, and if I'm out of line please forgive me, but unless your wife is kicking you out, taking you to court numerous times, getting the police involved, keeping you from seeing your children, stuff my wife has done to me, then it might just be worth it to give it another shot.
Maybe you guys can go to counseling. Maybe you needs a few weeks apart. Maybe you need to go on a long vacation together. I don't know. All I'm trying to say is that maybe your marriage is worth another try. Who knows, maybe a few years from now you'll look back glad you didn't fallow through.
Just a thought.
[emoji106][emoji604]

Its a nice thought but it aint going to work. She told me last year she doesnt love me anymore. We were very close to splitting up but decided it would be better for the kids to stay together. She is a good person and she hasn't indicated she would do any of those things. She keeps me around to pay the bills and help with the kids. Someday soon we are going to have to have the "talk" and when that comes I am 95% sure that will translate to I'm moving out. We have tried marriage counselling before and it didnt work. She didnt want to go because the counsellor wanted to see her separately and she told me that she was just told all the things that are wrong with her. Frankly, we are beyond counselling. There is no romantic love there at all. She can be very demanding and high maintenance... and often grumpy. Before when we used to actually talk, everything remotely controversial would either turn into an argument or a lecture session. So I just started not talking as I hate arguing. Now I'm just done with all of it. Just trying to get the van finished and save up more money before the split. I still think she is a wonderful person and an excellent mother. We are just not compatible. I hope to make the split friendly so that we can still hang out with the kids at birthdays and holidays. The longer I stay the less likely that may happen. Don't know for sure though.