Meditation group in Quartzsite/Ehrenberg

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFrancisDwyer

Reaction score
If anyone would be interested in joining me for some meditation this winter, let me know.

I am an experienced meditation practitioner and I would be happy to offer introductory instruction to anyone who might be interested. If you are already an experienced meditator, I invite you to join me in practicing together.

If you're interested, perhaps we could form a small mindfulness village, where we camp in the same general area this winter.

My specific tribe is one of mindful nomads. Come and join me.

My wife and i would definitely be interested, we should be around Quartzsite around Jan 5th and possibly through January. I was really hoping there would be others wanting to have a group like this.

That's great to hear!

Who knows, maybe the group will grow by the time you arrive. I'll send you a PM with my coordinates once I get back to the Quartzsite area. I'm enjoying the hot springs in Holtville, CA at the moment.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

NICE! Got to visit holtville this past january, can't wait to get back there! the hot spring is so nice, and all the people that came too it were super nice.

It's a nice spot. The warm water is definitely helping.

I woke up with a thought today. What do you think about collaborating on a YouTube channel called the "Mindful Nomadics"? We could combine meditation, mindfulness and the nomadic lifestyle.

It would also allow this specific type of nomadic tribe to have its own central organizing space.

Thoughts?

MFrancisDwyer said:
It's a nice spot. The warm water is definitely helping.

I woke up with a thought today. What do you think about collaborating on a YouTube channel called the "Mindful Nomadics"? We could combine meditation, mindfulness and the nomadic lifestyle.

It would also allow this specific type of nomadic tribe to have its own central organizing space.

Thoughts?

Its a nice idea, I'm still very new to mindfulness and meditation, But I def have the video means for good quality if that could contribute.

waldenbound said:
Mindful Nomadics, I'd be down for that! :)

Awesome! 

"Walden on Wheels" would work too :)

Are you going to be down in Quartzsite/Ehrenberg this winter?

WanderLoveJosh said:
Its a nice idea, I'm still very new to mindfulness and meditation, But I def have the video means for good quality if that could contribute.

Good quality video production would be an amazing contribution.

I'll brainstorm some video/topic ideas and share them on here. Maybe we can do some stuff in January.

MFrancisDwyer said:
Good quality video production would be an amazing contribution.

I'll brainstorm some video/topic ideas and share them on here. Maybe we can do some stuff in January.

That sounds like a fine idea!

I just created a "Mindful Nomadics" logo and made it my avatar for this site. Let me know what you think.

MFrancisDwyer said:
I just created a "Mindful Nomadics" logo and made it my avatar for this site. Let me know what you think.

Looks pretty gnarly and simple!, Good job!

I also put together a short YouTube video intro. I really wish I had better equipment for audio and video recording, but it turned out alright.

Let me know what you think.

I've also got an outline for the first video

"Mindful Nomadics: Intention and Vision"
A short introduction to who I am
Vision for what the "organization" will be all about
List of locations for 14-day sessions from now until the end of January
Basic outline for what the two week sessions will be like

Session 1: November 26 - December 9 Holtville Hot Springs BLM in Holtville, CA
Session 2: December 10 - December 23 Exact location TBD Quartzsite, AZ
Session 3: December 24 - January 6 Exact location TBD Ehrenberg, AZ
Session 4: January 7 - January 21 RTR with Bob Wells in Quartzsite, AZ

I'll probably get started with doing videos that are lower in quality, knowing that they will simply get better over time.

MFrancisDwyer said:
Awesome! 

"Walden on Wheels" would work too :)

Are you going to be down in Quartzsite/Ehrenberg this winter?

No, but next year I’ll be there.

I realized where I got the word Nomadics from when I saw the latest video from "Enigmatic Nomadics" on YouTube.

I'll change the name of the group to Mindful Wanderers. Anyone have any other suggestions for the title to this meditative group of gypsies?

Would love to get some pointers. In Ehrenberg Quartzsite area until February. Subscribed to your channel.

Jora said:
Would love to get some pointers.  In Ehrenberg Quartzsite area until February.  Subscribed to your channel.

Sounds great. I'll give you a heads up when I'm heading back to Ehrenberg. My tenative plan is to return in about two weeks, but I promised myself I wouldn't leave the hot springs in Holtville until I've gotten rid of these knots in my neck and shoulders. Working remotely as a writer is a dream come true, but it can do a number on your body.

My goal is to create an introductory video for "Mindful Nomadics" (or whatever the group will be called) by the time I leave here. 

Thanks for your interest!

MFrancisDwyer said:
If anyone would be interested in joining me for some meditation this winter, let me know.

I am an experienced meditation practitioner and I would be happy to offer introductory instruction to anyone who might be interested. If you are already an experienced meditator, I invite you to join me in practicing together.

If you're interested, perhaps we could form a small mindfulness village, where we camp in the same general area this winter.

My specific tribe is one of mindful nomads. Come and join me.

I'm definitely interested.  Just got to Q, headed over to E tomorrow.  Hungry now though.  Dinner.  Let me know where you are planning to have sessions.

Gypsy Peripatetique said:
I'm definitely interested.  Just got to Q, headed over to E tomorrow.  Hungry now though.  Dinner.  Let me know where you are planning to have sessions.

Awesome! I'm actually thinking of heading back to Ehrenberg a little early. I'll let you know when I'm heading that way.