Zombie Quad!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corky52

Reaction score
Out for my walk this morning and what do I see, a riderless Quad putting down the trail!  The quad was being guided by the canter bump in the trail, and at idle it was just bumping along.  First thing I did was kill the motor on the zombie and then did a check to make sure I had my cell.  Walking back along the trail I found the rider next to a jump, shaken,  bruised and a bit dazed, but otherwise alive.

I guess there really are Zombies!

Corky

That must've been a bit freaky, but good onya for checking on the rider.

Lee,
I know the things normally shut down when the rider falls off, that's what made it look weird.  It did shut down when I grabbed the throttle and then let go, so I figure something stuck when the rider went off.  Once I got it stopped I didn't mess with it further, don't know much about them, just went to check for the rider.

Corky

There are actually simple "cruise control" throttle locks for bikes but I cannot imagine a rider using one off highway.  But I have zero experience with four wheelers.

good for you corky, good karma. actually quads do have spring loaded throttles, I have never seen one without it. maybe the one you saw lee the spring was broken. highdesertranger

Latest posts