Your Quartsite Questions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the cold blast has moved on thru, thank goodness. Into the lower 60s today, mid 60s tomorrow. By next week we should see lower 70s and into the mid 40s at night.

I'm dreaming of a sunny Christmas.

We were out on our bikes today when I spotted this raft...
IMAG1026.jpg

The guy who was tending the space for the owner didn't know the price.
I'll have to check back. Looks fun for both a little river action or flatwater fishing.
Looks new, even has some wrapping on part of the frame.

I don't need one, but I spotted a Perko switch in good shape for $12.
Good deal for someone who needs a cheap battery isolation solution.

Need some cast iron cookware, maybe a skillet or dutch oven?? There's more of it in Q than you can shake a stick at. Shop for price and don't be afraid to haggle a little.

As January approaches there are more vendors arriving with all kinds of goods and services, including pet groomers and mobile mechanics.

Attachments

• IMAG1026.jpg
    IMAG1026.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 19
If you drive up Keuhn St. passed the Flea Market,about a 1/2 mile.There is a mobile home on the left with anything cast iron you could want. There is a table with lids,if anyone needs one.

Thanks for that info Joey. I'm looking for a particular Griswold piece, so I'll check there too.

The raft I posted Wednesday...seller asking $275. Says it will handle a trolling motor. Didn't make an offer since I wasn't ready to spring for a toy. This guy also has lots great little steam engines that actually work....both kits and ready to go.
He's at the back of Hi Ali market if ya wanna see some cool old toys.

Things are slow for many vendors and they're taking what they can get in lots of cases. We've picked up some good deals.

The place I was talking about is another flea market. It is parallel to the interstate. What are you looking for?

Thanks Joey, I know the area you're talking about. LOL, I like going over to that side, but its a real huff crossing the bridge on our bikes....we do it anyhoo.
I look for some of the rare cast iron for a friend who collects, mainly salesman samples which are smaller.

Hi guys, any new updates on Quartszite at this time? People starting to arrive? Any prediction for rain this weekend? The cold spell below 30 degrees went away hopefully?

Anyone have updated GPS coordinates for where the main group will be staying at Q? I want to enter that info for my Garmin navigation. I think someone previously gave me GPS coordinates awhile back, and I just want to make sure it's still valid.

Also, I recall previous discussion that Verizon cell phone (and internet) signal is pretty good at Q, is that correct?

I *do* require some form of civilized amenities to survive in the middle of nowhere, haha!

Thanks! -Casey

The RTR will be in a 14-day area that is enforced, so Bob will only arive a day or two before the event and set the exact location then. (Depends on who else is set up already -- last year we had couple of groups set up between the people who had already arived.)

Great, thanks for the update. If Bob or anyone else later can post the exact GPS coordinates for latitude and longtitude that would be great. I like driving with my Garmin navigation set for a particular destination which provides me more security knowing I'm going in the right direction. I know, I know, I'm a bit @nal. Okay, maybe a lot, haha!

blars said:
The RTR will be in a 14-day area that is enforced, so Bob will only arive a day or two before the event and set the exact location then. (Depends on who else is set up already -- last year we had couple of groups set up between the people who had already arived.)

This has been the best winter weather I've ever experienced in Qzt. Very pleasant! No big windstorms and no real cold at all.

The Verizon signal in most areas is a very good 4g.

The crowds are very sparse so far, I think the lowest number of people I've seen for late December.

I have a location for the RTR but I will not be arriving until this weekend the 4th of 5th. My friend Judy moved over today so she is there now and I think others will join her as well. Here is a map to the RTR location. There is a schedule of events on the Gatherings page. Get to it by clicking on the link inn the bar at the very top of the page.
Bob
RTR_Map_November_2012-001.jpg

Attachments

• RTR_Map_November_2012-001.jpg
    RTR_Map_November_2012-001.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 23
I'm planning on attending RTR but won't be able to get there until the 10th. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not a real social person though :-/ and I tend to try and stay in the background. I'll try to be a little more outgoing, but mostly I'm just hoping to listen and learn.

Now my question: I know that I need to get a permit, but I can't see anywhere here where it says WHERE we get permits...is there a place I need to stop in quartzsite?

Thanks for any info.

StarEcho - If you follow the directions on the map that Bob has posted above - as you're driving along E. Kuhn road keep an eye on the right side and you'll see a little BLM sign at about 33.666271,-114.187443. There's a host just a short way in the dirt road. You'll be able to see the check in station. On Google maps E.Kuhn is marked Dome Rock Road E.

Have a good time at the RTR!

Thanks for the GPS coordinates and info!

Casey

tonyandkaren said:
StarEcho - If you follow the directions on the map that Bob has posted above - as you're driving along E. Kuhn road keep an eye on the right side and you'll see a little BLM sign at about 33.666271,-114.187443. There's a host just a short way in the dirt road. You'll be able to see the check in station. On Google maps E.Kuhn is marked Dome Rock Road E.

Have a good time at the RTR!

I've been following this topic since November 13 last year when bindi&us first posted. It's often humorous, always entertaining, and a go to when ever I log in. 4,947 views and 174 entries. Wow!

And it's just a camping trip.

It is kinda exciting some people going outside their comfort zone. Will be offering any assistance they may need. Enjoy the show. No one responded to my offer to bring AGM's for 50 a pop, surprising even me.

Thanks tonyandkaren! That's exactly what I needed to know. :)

Re the AGMs, if they are deep cycle and WanderlustVagabond doesn't take them I'm interested too.