Ford Transit owners beware:

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT646

Reaction score
....Check out this video on how a lazy design engineer may be causing thousands of $$$ of damage (windshield drain problems):
I recently purchased a 2017 Transit Van and just stumbled onto this video. Good thing too because on mine, one of the drip trays (drivers side) is actually missing. This causes water to drain directly onto a wire harness connection--above the computer.

EXTREMELY poor design--this guy should be fired...along with the one that put the suspension struts LOWER than the differential. :(

Last edited:
....Check out this video on how a lazy design engineer may be causing thousands of $$$ of damage (windshield drain problems):
I recently purchased a 2017 Transit Van and just stumbled onto this video. Good thing too because on mine, one of the drip trays (drivers side) is actually missing. This causes water to drain directly onto a wire harness connection--above the computer.

EXTREMELY poor design--this guy should be fired...along with the one that put the suspension struts LOWER than the differential. :(

Oh yeah it is a huge problem. I brought a brand new Transit 150 mid roof in 2015.

Had this happen to me also. good thing it was still under warranty. I got it fixed no cost to me.