You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We enjoy your company as well.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Great to know, I hope to get that way in January, Lord willing and the roads into Flagstaff get plowed!

What a fabulous group! I humbly thank you all for admitting my ditzy presence into your warm embrace. Great food, great people, good times!

Be back Saturday Sunny. I’m going to take everyone out to see the desert sites. Lots of campers so I can’t do it in one day but I will get to everyone. It’s going to be fun!

Cammalu said:
I’m going to take everyone out to see the desert sites.
Just remember, watch how Cammalu gets dressed up for putt-putt, and then get out yer Mummy Attire likewise.

Rainbow over YARC camp, because, you know, it's Sunny out :p

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_123255619~3.jpg
    IMG_20191128_123255619~3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Cammalu I have good authority that you are on Santa's nice list this year!  Given everyone rides is a truly generous gesture and I look forward to having one myself one of these months.
workshop room small.jpg
christmas card.jpg
Of course I earned a permanent place on that list when I built him that new workshop space in the late '90s.
But I can't get those pesky little elves to make me any free fudge handouts. I guess they are not the right kind of house elves like the ones in Harry
Potter. Oh well as long as their boss is happy, that is the main thing.
santa fireplace.JPG

By the way, this is my Christmas card to all you Merry folks in the YARC group who have been busy putting smiles on all our faces.

You have all been added to the nice list as well as the naughty list, that is what happens when you just ain't right.

Attachments

• workshop room small.jpg
    workshop room small.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 12
  • christmas card.jpg
    christmas card.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 12
  • santa fireplace.JPG
    santa fireplace.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 13
SheketEchad said:
Rainbow over YARC camp, because, you know, it's Sunny out :p
great photo, that could be the official YARC desert camp banner photo!

Maki, it bugs me that so many come out to Quartzsite and never get to go out in the desert. There are some cool things to see so I try to get the new folks out. I stay busy with clubs and am mostly gone but I will make time to get them all out a bit. There are very cool things to see out there.

If I were the artistic type, I'd make some sort of HDS, High Desert Streaker, decal to putt on yer putt-putt, or maybe someone else will, after their first ride, :). And another one for The Leviathan.

Ok so I’ve been watching on and off you YARC campers’ posts for a little while now. You sound like my kinda folks.

Can you fill me in on where you all meet and when during the year? I’m still in planning mode while living in stick and bricks until next year. But, I sure would like to meet you all.

Fill me in on clubs, other campsites, meetings and C’s “Putt Putt”?

Also, I’ve been struggling on which van to buy. I’m getting a new one. Which one did you choose and why?

I want reliable, ok on gas, ability to tow a small camper if I need to expand. Would like longer rather than taller but not sure which one is better. High top is not a priority but I’m open to it. I practically live outdoors and til bedtime right now on my back porch. Bad weather is the only thing that brings me indoors...

Appreciate all comments.

Jean

Oh by the way...
I am an artist/crafter/photographer...would love to design/make a vinyl decal for said “Putt Putt”.
Just wish I understood why it’s called Putt Putt. Small rig I’m assuming.

Give me ideas... I can make it. No charge.

Hi Jean InaBox most everyone will converge towards the Quartzsite area especially around the time of the big tent show and the RTR although it is being held closer to Parker this year. Many groups and individuals stay in the Long Term Areas of the BLM for a fee but there are several 14 day stay areas as well. What type of a vehicle if you have one do you have now? It would be a great idea to visit the area now and see all the different options available to you. Many people sleep in cars or tents or make day trips to experience, see and get advice from the many people that gather there. I'm sure most would be glad to talk to you.

Wish I could make it there. Won’t have the new van til next year. I have a minivan but I don’t trust it for that amount of miles.

Thanks for info.

Jean. We are in Quartzsite. Tons of us are in Quartzsite- come on out.

This is my puttputt. We call him Happy

2eac20381f496821977050f987d69adb.jpg
27e6b9039e1be2625ce0de60269f5c0c.jpg

Qxxx is BSing. I rarely go very fast as I like to be able to take a look around. I have gone fast but only to keep up in traffic on the highway if I’m on the road or if I’m in the desert racing the sunset. I don’t see the best at night and have to move a bit faster to get back to camp before dark.

I took three camp members yesterday to see an old stone cabin in the desert and to another place that has a cave, petroglyphs, and grinding stones.

Anyone wants to go I will find time for you to get you out to the desert.

Ohhhhhhh. That’s your Putt Putt!
I used to have something similar. Sold it last year in order to pair down.
And now I miss it. Lol.

Ok so what dates will everyone be there? What’s the GPS coordinates/address? In AZ near Flagstaff?

I probably would have to drive my Subaru. More reliable but less room which will not be easy with my Scooter. (Dachshund)

Will have to think about it some.

????? What????? It double posted on me.

Oh well I’ve seen it before happen with other posts. Always thought it was somehow user error. But I didn’t do anything unusual I don’t think.

The dates are now to April for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk