You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the joke has run its course. (leave Cammalu alone, ya dummy).

Now I have told the tale of how I found a handy man through an internet dating site. He has been a keeper for sure. But now I am turning him into my own personal solar system consultant.

I was looking at some possible courses to take at the local community college. Its a great way to get low cost software and as a senior citizen I can take a class for $5.00 at any state of Washington college. My closest college has a clean energy program, solar and such so I though that might be pretty interesting to learn. I know my handy man is all over that kind of thing so I asked if he wanted to take the class too and he did. But then I fractured my wrist and could not get enough sleep to remember my own name much less cram it full of math equations and new terminology so I decided to skip it. But he is now hooked and having a blast with the classes. Or maybe it is just that one girl in the class who has a lot of tatoos that is the real draw, he was telling me all about her and the funny things she said and how you would never expect a woman like that in a technology class. Yeah I think that might be why he thinks the class is fun, that and a young woman teacher. It sure can't be the attraction of calculating the resistance of a mixed parallel and series circuit that made him think that. He has been doing that kind of calculations since high school and when he was working as a designer at Hewlett Packard.

Well either way now I will have a handy man who will do all my solar calculations for me just for the fun of it. Not that I needed any as I already bought the panels, controller and battery but I will let him get some practice by permitting him to install them if he really wants to. He can even bring the tatoo lady along or the whole class and they can finish my electrical and solar installation just for the fun of it. I can certainly teach them how to mix up circuits!

Within hours of joining, I was told by a moderator to report to this thread. I guess I may just not be right...

Or perhaps I posted this in the wrong place.

Or maybe both...enjoy

Somewhere along on my journey west, the roadside and park facilities changed. In Colorado and Utah I found a lot of vault toilets. I find these to be along the same horrid lines as a port a potty. Only a little more gross and way more scary.

As a female, the conditions are not always conducive for hovering. Sitting down, I always wonder what frightening abomination, born out of human fecal matter, may be lying in wait, ready to reach up and grab my privates. My imagination really takes off with the vault toilet, so deep, dark and disgusting!

Here in California, I have found them to install the same frigid metal contraptions has what I experienced during my brief time incarcerated. Utilitarian, though it uses water the vault toilets do not. Though never appreciated, the dreaded icy touch to your hind quarters is momentary, and at least my sphincter is not contracted in anticipation of violation by shit monsters.

Ya came to the right place, Sky, or rather the ain't right place. Anyone who talks about f*c@l matter in public definitely belongs here. They give a special award for anyone who reads through all 2000+ posts - my advice: don't do it, lol!!

Actually most of these friendly people hang out on another ain't right forum, you might be interested in - for the truly obsessed. But I lost the link.

I an official administrator of:  The Witless Relocation Program. One effective method of keeping things from being found is to move an object to a new location where it then can't be easily be distinguished from other members of that population. Of course sometimes a new, deep dark location where no one would every think to look for it also works.

After I was awakened to the fantastic sound of a leaf blower by my window in the Walmart parking lot, I kind of groggily was watching the semis come in to disgorge their contents in the darkness. A Ritz Cracker truck came by, which I have never seen before (I didn't get out much before van life, sorry). On the back it has this bright stack of crackers and reads "Open for Fun!" I thought, that would be cool to put on the back of the van. Then I had some coffee and realized that would not REALLY translate to the thought that went through my head upon seeing it, when interpreted by others that are not me...

I guess I should not read slogans at 3:30 AM. Good thing I left my spray paints at home...impulsive person that I am ;)

SkyH2O
Welcome aboaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd the YARC.

Your survival rate just got bettarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

Qxxx or anyone else, I would truly be interested in that link you spoke of for another forum.

I have neither the patience or attention span to make it thru all 2000+ posts here for the badge though lol.

Random thought for the day......recycled toilet paper...ewwwww.

We aren’t allowed to give it. But it’s in the last 100 posts or so I think.

Skywater you don't need to read the whole thing to get a badge, that's just one way. just tell us why you think "you ain't right". those that are truly not right and prove it with their story get instant membership.

Cammalu why can't you post a link to Gary's forum?

here I will do it.

https://vandwellerforum.com/

highdesertranger

I was told that was a no no and would get me booted. I don’t want to get the boot! I thought the word solicitation came up and someone could misunderstand that offense. What would people think if I got booted for solicitation? That ain’t right!

When do you head to Quartzsite HDR? Wanna join the rock club? Fun trips rock hunting!

John has a liver biopsy today and I’m at Vanderbilt now. Hopefully we can leave soon when we get answers.

I hope it all turns out well with John. I won't be in Quartzsite until January. although I will probably be in AZ on Saturday to start working on my trailer. highdesertranger

Cam, hope it goes OK with John. I talked with him when I visited YARC camp last winter. He's a good guy.

Sky, it's on the page HDR linked, i lost it. Many of the YARC people here spend a lot more time over there, and I'm really a nonparticipant. Popeye already accepted you here, so you must be ain't right already.

HDR. How far have you come on your trailer? Any new pics?

I still have to buy a cargo trailer before we leave. The more I look the more my brain hurts.

Cammalu said:
No comment. If I post pics I’ll be vilified.
Hey, we already know you ain't right. Anyone who would buy a 40' Class-A and then tow a trailer or car behind surely just ain't right. (but keep yer secret until you arrive at YARC camp, so you have several more months of grace period, lol).

Latest posts