You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maki what camper do you have? I’ve had some pretty cool tiny ones and would like to buy another for weekend trips when I’m in KY.

"I drove a tractor once, It was fun"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that wears off fast enough. try plowing 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for weeks on end. 1 person drives from 5am to 5 pm another person drives from 5pm to 5am.

highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
"I drove a tractor once, It was fun"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
When I was growing up, on the farm next door my neighbor had her 3 YO son in her lap, and was teaching him to drive the tractor. They start them young around there on the farms. She complained that the kid just wouldn't get serious about what he was doing.

I have a 1971 Trailswest Campster.  It was made by a company in Oregon, they were in business from 1968 thru 1971. Mine was used as someones backyard storage shed for a lot of years. I bought it as a fixer and indeed it was one. The only original thing about it that will remain when I get my build finished is the fiberglass shell and even it needed some repair work but not what I would call major fiberglass repair, just a few cracks, one hole, some areas to fill in where old fittings for electrical and plumbing came through the shell. But it was worth it to have a trailer that I can pull with my Honda Element which is an AWD 4 cylinder. It is low enough not to cause a lot of wind resistance but the popup roof area gives plenty of standing head room in the galley area.  Took all the parts I purchased and the steel tubing my friend cut and drilled for me over to the welder's this morning. Late next week I should have a brand new trailer frame to see me safely down the road a couple of months from now:)
paint job w car.jpg
poptop up.jpg

Attachments

• paint job w car.jpg
    paint job w car.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 13
  • poptop up.jpg
    poptop up.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 14
maki2 said:
I have a 1971 Trailswest Campster.  It was made by a company in Oregon, they were in business from 1968 thru 1971. Mine was used as someones backyard storage shed for a lot of years. I bought it as a fixer and indeed it was one. The only original thing about it that will remain when I get my build finished is the fiberglass shell and even it needed some repair work but not what I would call major fiberglass repair, just a few cracks, one hole, some areas to fill in where old fittings for electrical and plumbing came through the shell. But it was worth it to have a trailer that I can pull with my Honda Element which is an AWD 4 cylinder. It is low enough not to cause a lot of wind resistance but the popup roof area gives plenty of standing head room in the galley area.  Took all the parts I purchased and the steel tubing my friend cut and drilled for me over to the welder's this morning. Late next week I should have a brand new trailer frame to see me safely down the road a couple of months from now:)

Now that's cute as all get-out.

PODebbie said:
Qxxx, My rant was not directed to you.  ....But sometimes, it gets tiring to think that being poor is some level to aspire to.  
Couple things, being a minimalist is different from being poor. On this forum there are many minimalists and those with minimalist goals who may or may not have any money. The minimalist mindset is something a person may come to after reflecting on their society and the many useless expenditures of time, energy, and money that are made usually by themselves, but also by society as a whole which we are part of. When I built my van, a minimalist part of the design was to eliminate systems that require electricity or water from the van. Some on this forum spend a lot of time fitting air conditioning into their van designs. I spend a lot of time tracking the weather, and adjusting to temperature changes without using electricity, because that is the kind of minimalism I am into. I do use water to adjust my body to temperature changes (water mist, wet down my hat, go swimming, etc), but it is not water that requires a plumbing system in the van to use. One difference between my van and a factory made RV, is the presence/ absence of a water system, and there are many more systems in a factory RV that I have chosen NOT to have in my van. There is nothing good or bad about choosing a minimalist way of doing things. Minimalism is a quality of life choice. My life is better when I am closer to a simple way of doing things, when I do not occupy my mind with gadgets or worse, malfunctioning gadgets. My time is better spent watching the sun set, than worrying about whether all the lights will come on when it gets dark. Etc, etc, etc.... At the risk of posting a rant in a joke thread....    ~crofter

RoamerRV428 said:
yea they pretend to joke at ya but they mean what they say......LOL   who are we kidding here :)

jokes are ways of getting at ya and pretending ya don't mean what you say 
Darn nab it, have I ever got it sideways. I thought we came to the YARC thread to be totally 100% upsidedown serious. We [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]say what we mean. and we [/font]mean what we say. Some of us are just plain mean.

Qxxx said:
Darn nab it, have I ever got it sideways. I thought we came to the YARC thread to be totally 100% upsidedown serious. We [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]say what we mean. and we [/font]mean what we say. Some of us are just plain mean.
Oh sorry I forgot the punch line (why I never tell jokes).  So was it the wild man, the mountain wind, or Big Bird?     ~crofter

@maki2 That camper is so dang cute!

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for thinking it is cute. Of course just for fun I have been thinking of cutting some cling vinyl big black dots to put on it now and again to turn it into a pair of lady bugs. But would be be a step too far in cuteness and that just ain't right for me.

Of course sometimes crazy looking is good. Like the time I took my 6'4" size 15 shoe wearing son along with me to visit a dollhouse show and he wore a green pith helmet with a brightly painted, carved wooden parrot perched on top of the hat. You could see him from everywhere in the show and because he was very handsome he had a crowd of women gathered around him enjoying the fun of a giant, handsome guy doing something very silly. They literally could not keep their hands off of him, you would have thought he was a movie star come to visit an old folks home ;) That boy just ain't right he loves dressing up in costumes. Of course I did start him off at an early age with that bunny suit I made him wear for easter when he was just a toddler. Plus then he got drug to Renaissance fairs. He and his wife had a costume Halloween wedding too. He was for several years traveling the country full time in an Airstream, mid life crisis, we won't say anything about the shape of an Airstream being a great big phallic symbol, now will we? But he as passed that stage and is now doing the job typically held by a college student who wants to travel the world, conversational English teacher in a foreign country. Hey you can't keep a good man pinned to a boring job of computer programming all his life. Not when he is a gamer who won't ever quit staying up all night playing the latest fantasy character computer game. I named him after my father who just happened to have a name of a mythical hereo and that suits my son to a T as well since his real name is the name of a character.

Maki there is a painted egg thread on fiberglassrv.com. You should go look some of them are really something. It’s been a lot of years but I’m sure if you asked on there someone would point the way. I had a couple little eggs myself some years ago. The make was Playpac

Cammalu said:
Maki there is a painted egg thread on fiberglassrv.com. You should go look some of them are really something.  It’s been a lot of years but I’m sure if you asked on there someone would point the way. I had a couple little eggs myself some years ago. The make was Playpac
Thanks, I have seen those decorated egg camper threads as I have owned a fiberglass camper for a number of years.

I can make lots of stuff for decorations. But I would likely just do it for a special event such as April Fool's day and then post photos.

Otherwise I would end up being way too far off my rocker and start making food that looks like the stuff on this blog. https://everydayshortcuts.com/ladybug-sandwich/
https://everydayshortcuts.com/ladybug-sandwich/

Haha. I got my niece with this once

41350bc4f9766346171421402c083954.jpg

My Playpac with my late hubby moving it. That’s not a big ATV either. I don’t know what it weighed but it wasn’t much. Even had a bathroom with shower!

2043dc9a8bfe1373f626f363e511b0e2.jpg

I saw one of those a while back while in town for sale. They sure kept up with inflation as I think they wanted several times what it cost new!

That first picture is truly gross. Cammalu should get a Duck's A** Trophy for that one.

Unfortunately reminds me that I watched "The Shape of Water" last week, and have been trying to forget it ever since (not at all to my liking). At one point the "bad" guy bites off his gangrenous fingers and spits them across the room. Nasty. Too much for morning sickness.

Even though this pic made me immediately cross my legs, I couldn't stop laughing. But I ain't right.
de2c9e3283e6a48926107a11bec44faa.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

If I ever give out a trophy ?hmmm ?uhhhhh ?nope , not happening.

The road sign makes me wonder if there's a town called Weiner ?