You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@PODebbie Not sure if I get a vote, but I am in the first rig to arrive at the YARC camp so I might qualify. I would vote you in based solely on your denture adventure.

I can relate. I have had dentures since age 30. Long story short: A viral infection destroyed my teeth. Had multiple surgeries but I lost them anyway. I was supposed to let my mouth heal for 6 months, but I worked in an office & wasn't about to let anyone see me toothless. Whutttt? Are you crazy? I was only 30 frickin years old.

So my dentist agreed to make me some "temporary" dentures. And he did. But they didn't fit very well.

Anyway, I went to a party, had a few adult beverages ... maybe more than a few ... Next thing I know someone tells a joke and I laughed so hard my upper denture flew out of my mouth and about 10 feet across the room.

I was MORTIFIED!!! But I calmly walked across the room, retrieved my denture, plopped it back into my mouth, smiled and said something like "that was pretty funny - who's next?"

I think that's the only time anyone has ever seen me without my teeth (except for my dentist).

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

I think it’s ingenious using a fork to comb out your hair. Why didn’t I ever think of that.

There is only one ain’t right leader who approves membership. He must be asleep

Cammalu said:
We police ourselves in camp. You won’t find a reason for them to bother us. Dogs can run free if they aren’t trouble makers but the poop needs to be scooped. We have a trash run everyday so nothing gets piled up. We try to keep things looking nice.
So Cammalu, what's the chances that the La Posa South monitors will allow non self-contained vans again this winter? One off?

Yep. Nobody has purchased permits yet - still waiting for decals to get here.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

I hope to be there by January. I had planned on mid November but broke my wrist so I can't finish my build anytime soon.

First post is just full of tales of "Aint Rightness"
POD is in. (+your "official title")
Your "Stinkin' Badge"
Stinkin Badge.jpg

Moontigger gets a notch.

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

*(Pay no attention to the mod behind the curtain but he gets a
"Special Whatever Cluster" for participation......Special Whatever cluster.jpg)

Attachments

• Stinkin Badge.jpg
    Stinkin Badge.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 7
  • Special Whatever cluster.jpg
    Special Whatever cluster.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 11
Qxxx said:
So Cammalu, what's the chances that the La Posa South monitors will allow non self-contained vans again this winter? One off?

I dunno. All questions go to Doug (Abnorm). I might have been there first but he is the hub of the camp. I’m just the garbage collector.

sephson said:
On the plus side though, I love my job! I go to work to play!
Just curious what you do. I myself am both mobile and stationary (full time job but spend a lot of time in the car).

And, because there is no pagination, I haven't yet scrolled up to the top to read the original post. I thought about starting a new one but just wanna say I felt put down by my mom the other day after she said, "You need to stop living like a hobo."

She offers a place for me to stay/sleep because she doesn't want me sleeping in the car, but then, she treats me like dirt while I'm there even though now I have a full-time job and have been trying to make things right by giving her $100/wk.

To top things off, I started seeing someone a few months ago who suspected that I live in my car (at least part time), but I told him I'm keeping stuff in there til I know where I will permanently go.

He told me stories about women who couldn't hold down a job or stole his identity and so on.

I have a job now and plan on staying there for a minimum of a year. And I've never stolen anyone's identity, but I've always had financial problems and just now barely able to do something about it.

I don't want to tell my new guy the extent of what's going on for fear I will end up feeling condemned by him like I feel by my mom.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

Remember this, She does not know how to cope with those feelings of having somehow failed in her responsibility to be a good parent to you. When you are a success then she feels successful. When you struggle she struggles with feelings of her own of being a failure. When you start to relate to the fact that you are tied together in this situation you can begin by talking about it. You can suggest new ways of talking that don't make both of your feel like failures. Part of becoming an adult is to take a look at things not as an injured child but also seeing them from another angle, seeing the impact of the situation on both parties. The transition is not easy, it takes deliberate awareness to reach a real understanding of the family dynamics.

maki2 said:
Remember this, She does not know how to cope with those feelings of having somehow failed in her responsibility to be a good parent to you. When you are a success then she feels successful. When you struggle she struggles with feelings of her own of being a failure.

Still no excuse to say something so demeaning as to say I'm a "hobo" knowing she meant it in a disapproving manner. If she can't speak to me respectfully, as far as I'm concerned, she has no right to demand respect from me. I'm close to never speaking to her again. She hadn't been this mean to me in a long time, and I am shocked.

And her feelings of failure are her problem not mine. I'm not going to feel sorry for her anymore like I did in the past when she would admit that to me. This is the last straw.

And I'm also too old to let her get me down. I have to and want to keep the job I have that I happen to enjoy.

I'm staying away from my mom as much as possible for a while.

And by the way, if my uncle who had died had ever asked me to leave when I was still there, I woulda respected his wishes because he woulda never put me down or been mean to me like my mom and other uncle was.

Judmental people.

I also said all I could say to them about the difference between my uncle and them. I was more grateful to my uncle because he helped me without never putting me down. My mom did.

She'll have to get over it. It's not my problem, and I choose not to make it my problem.

By the way, I'm not angry with anyone here. I'm just choosing not to take responsibility for my mom's feelings and/or unhappiness anymore.

And I also question whether or not my mom is a narcissist. Because I'm discovering that maybe the only reason she helped me was to cover her own behind as to not ruin her reputation.

So close to being done with her for good.

I have a good job that I like why now treat me like crap? (And I say this rhetorically not requiring a response.)

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

I look at it as 'it's my monkey, but it doesn't have to be my circus'

I would avoid also. I don't do drama. Never have and never can. Drama and I run.
So avoid at all costs and do your work, bank your bucks, enjoy your life and put the least amt. of interaction between your mom and you as you can :) not a darn thing wrong with doing just that.

Speaking of Monkey's, could a Drama Circus Badge be inclusive? Or would that be repugnant? I don't know I am socially inept some times.

Both my girl and I have Scots ancestors. Mine were the notorious MacGregors. Next door neighbor is a master bagpiper. Yes I have a great kilt and lots of pointy Scottish things

Is there an "I got skeletons in my closet" badge for those who can prove that their ain't rightness was inherited :)
My mother was definetly ain't right in the head at least part of the time. There was the time she got put into the hospital when she went practically comatose after the Quija Board told her that her dog was going to bite her and she would die from it. Oh and she was using the Quija board all by herself since no one else in the family would participate with her. I was off at my freshman year of college so I missed seeing that grand episode of just ain't rightness.

Naturally I am a skeptic after living with her. A kid just has to rebel in the opposite direction.