You Ain't Right Club

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sternwake I've been here for awhile and had no idea you were such a crazy man! Good for you. You sure fit in here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snikwahjm said:

I sing this to my mother when I help her dress every morning

Snikwahjm you are totally right at home!!!!

Root beer. I love home made root beer. I stayed with a family one summer. The Mom made home made root beer to surprise her husband and the farm hands when they had to do some haying. She hid/brewed the bottles in the attic. It got a little too warm and the bottle caps popped. Root beer rained on husband all night. When I started making root beer I set the bottles in the bath tub just in case of exploded bottles. When my company came over to share, my daughter who was 8 or 9 announced that Mom made the root beer in the bath tub. People believed I would do it... This goes way back... Any way we call it bath tub root beer. It is made in two liters. It's very easy to do. Follow the directions in the link. Put it some where other than an attic check to see if the bottle has any give. Once it is hard it is ready when you are. I don't drink a lot of sugared stuff these days. I wonder how stevia would work?

Putts
I already followed the link and copied the recipe.

Home Made Root Beer

1 tablespoon root-beer extract
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon yeast (whatever kind you have in your kitchen)
cool water
2-liter bottle or growler jug

1. Purchase root-beer extract. My favorite is Zatarain's, and I buy it by the dozen to alleviate shipping costs.
Zatarain's, by the way, got its start not as a purveyor of jambalaya mixes or crab boil,
but as a seller of root-beer extract.

2. Clean out a two-liter soda bottle or, better yet, a growler jug for beer. I don't know why,
but I'm convinced the root beer in the glass growler jug tastes better than that from the plastic bottles.

3. Using a funnel, pour the 1 cup sugar into the bottle.

4. Pour the 1/4 tsp. yeast into the bottle. Shake the bottle so that the yeast and sugar are mixed well.

5. Pour the 1 tbl. root-beer extract into the bottle.

6. Fill the bottle about one-quarter full of cold water and shake well so that the sugar and yeast are dissolved.

7. Fill up the bottle with water until nearly but not quite full, leaving an inch or two of space from the lid.

8. Leave out the bottle in a warm spot for 2-3 days. After 2-3 days, refrigerate the root beer and enjoy whenever you want
. If the root beer's still too flat, you can leave it out again and let it carbonate some more,
but if you leave it out too long, you risk the bottle exploding.
Root beer is a lot less enjoyable when it's dripping from your kitchen ceiling.

Rootbeer7 It's about as simple a recipe as you can get, but I'm almost very happy with the results.
I've found that straying from the proportions even a little bit seems usually to lead to flat root beer, yeasty root beer,
bland root beer or sickly sweet root beer, so I don't fiddle around with the recipe too much.
Also, note that the root beer will be very slightly alcoholic, if that's an issue for you for some reason
(you won't get a buzz off of it or anything).

In the summer, I like to make root-beer ice cream (using a Philadelphia-style vanilla ice-cream base)
and then use it for root-beer floats.

I live for root-beer and you know ,,,,,,,"That Ain't Right"

SternWake I'm not sure you are hard headed enough to win against goats. I watched two goats fighting it out for herd leader. 8 hours of bashing each other so bad they could barely move the next day.

I'll tell what ain't right. I'm sitting here in my RV with Gotsmart and Abuelaloca BSing. Solar going on soon!

They ain't right

Belinda said no pic. She hates her pic taken.

Ok. Here ya go HDR
934a2a3e8276f9ea8a0acee2550bfbd8.jpg

5b930b6661e0b85c9b74db6760e72c78.jpg

582d72b1846ead6ff42edb90b66af425.jpg

LOL, I wasn't talking about the people I was talking about the solar install. highdesertranger

HDR. Still waiting on the shipment. Got gotsmart fixing a couple other things while I wait. He fixed my fantastic fan and prepped the RV for the solar and tomorrow he installs my bidet!!!! Yay!!!

A bidet??? And I thought the half-million $ RVs with their washers and dryers were bad.

BTW... you'll never make a living with your photography. Just so's you know...

Now , about that root beer in the tub.......do you get in the tub too ?
(It WOULD be the "Ain't Right" thing to do............

Yes - new meaning to root beer float

Yoda -Noob you are.jpg
Reduce jpeg (or ? photo) to something like 400px600p with  an app like this....
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/fotosizer.html

At  bottom of thread page.
L click New Reply.

At bottom of reply page.
click Add Attachment.

Find file of photo and highlight it.
click open.

File will appear at bottom of post.
place cursor in reply where you want the picture.

click Insert Into Post.

click post reply.

Attachments

• Yoda -Noob you are.jpg
    Yoda -Noob you are.jpg
    7.3 KB

Latest posts