Xantrex Heart Interface Freedom 10 Inverter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weldman

Reaction score
Got a Heart Interface Freedom 10 inverter for free. The wires that got cut what looks to be flat telephone cord going to the inverter and the panel face to run it, was wondering if there was special type phone cable for it or just any household phone line would work?

Heart is made by xantrex, they can help with your question, but you should be able to get the manual pdf from a download. If I remember right this is a 1k watt inverter charger for marine use, but also great for RV. You will also want an hour meter to go along with it. They sold new for over $1k. They used to be made less than a block away from where I lived before Xantrex bought them. Xantrex had another name at the time and so the Heart Inverters became their marine division, then mfg moved to Arlington, WA and now China.

Got the manual but it doesn't help as it doesn't describe it anywhere. Searched data cable, phone cable and just comes up with nothing. Got it out of a RV I tore apart along with propane heater and few other goodies.

Weldman said:
Nope nothing there either, it looks like a flat telephone cord has Rj45 or RJ11 ends on it.

you need to call them on the phone, not every company puts all their stuff onto the internet. A lot of times they have boxes of leftover "junk" sitting on a shelf.

Don't know if this is the part that will fit your unit but it might be. If not maybe they will have the correct match. Again you need to use the phone or email them, don't just look on their website and give up without a direct person to person contact when searching for older components.
https://rvcomponents.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M3212/s1.pl

maki2 said:
Don't know if this is the part that will fit your unit but it might be. If not maybe they will have the correct match. Again you need to use the phone or email them, don't just look on their website and give up without a direct person to person contact when searching for older components.
https://rvcomponents.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M3212/s1.pl

I appreciate the help those are for the newer models and will give them a call, already emailed the company itself. Will take the remnants from the unit when I get to storage tomorrow and compare it to what I said in previous post about being RJ11. I will post the results and conclusion for future members that might need the information. Just figured someone might of had one of these units they used and knew right off hand.

Alright everyone it's the RJ11 cable/socket that goes to these. Unlike the RJ45 which is 8 wires/pins this one is 6. Going to find out if I been lugging this around for 3 plus years for no reason or not come Wednesday when the cable comes in.

If it's RJ11 then it should be simple phone cable, no? Is there a corded landline anywhere nearby that you could borrow the cord from for a quick test? If not then why not just hit up your local WalMart to grab one?

Six wire telephone cables are not the norm. Mostly 2 or 4 wire ones with the RJ-11 (6 wire connector) end. Retired phone guy here. I haven't bought one in ages though, I make my own.

B and C said:
Six wire telephone cables are not the norm.  Mostly 2 or 4 wire ones with the RJ-11 (6 wire connector) end.  Retired phone guy here.  I haven't bought one in ages though, I make my own.

No they aren't normal but enough to make it easy to find and not have to go to dealer just to find one.