Words to remember while you travel

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvpopeye

Reaction score
Nick Russell of Gypsy Journal fame always closes his daily blog post with a quote.
I thought I'd share yesterday's with everyone here , it seems to fit.

Happily ever after is not a fairy tale , it's a choice.

The nail that sticks up gets hammered. (Moral is blend in if at all possible)

Sometimes better to beg for forgiveness than to first ask permission (If you ask permission, you are giving the other party authority over you that they otherwise might not have)

Two wrongs don't a right, but three left turns do.

Don't know the author but agree with the message:

Sometimes, you find yourself in the middle of nowhere; and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

"When people have nothing else to lose; they lose it." Gerald Celente

"Before you speak, ask yourself: is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?"
- Sai Baba

Queen said:
"Before you speak, ask yourself: is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?"
- Sai Baba

OH.. you know of Sai Baba! I like that quote...I can't possibly adhere to all of it. Just not made that way. But I hope I am always kind and truthful. LOL

WriterMs said:
OH.. you know of Sai Baba!   I like that quote...I can't possibly adhere to all of it. Just not made that way. But I hope I am always kind and truthful. LOL

I hear you, I catch myself, regularly, thinking "well, that wasn't very kind/necessary..."  :p

Jana said:
Two wrongs don't a right, but three left turns do.

That depends on who set up the roads.  :s

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]“The road goes ever on and on” [/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]― [/font][font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]J.R.R. Tolkien[/font][font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif], [/font][font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]The Hobbit[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]And the most important advice ever given.

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]“Never laugh at live dragons, Bilbo you fool!” [/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]― [/font][font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]J.R.R. Tolkien[/font][font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif], [/font][font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]The Hobbit[/font]

[/font]

"adventure is never fun when it's happening" not sure if this is a quote from someone, but a buddy of mine said it in the middle of a soaking wet week, while on a sampling prospecting trip. highdesertranger

Two of my Fav's...

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re absolutely right.
H. Ford in some variation.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. (Do Something)
T. Paine

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

― Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It