Women's Forum - getting fit!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General recipe Queen, doesn't have to be exact. I make smoothies before running or hiking. I blenderize walnuts or whatever nuts I have. Into my smoothies.
Dragonfly

Okie dokie. For a LOT of green smoothie (cut in half or quarter for one person):

- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 a small onion
- handful of cilantro
- juice of one lime
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 cups of greens (whatever kind you like, fresh or frozen)
- Flax seeds (optional)

YUM!! make it in a vitamix and it is delicious if you like very savory drinks. You can change it however you like to suit your tastes.

Going for another (more gentle) swim this afternoon!

And I started re-reading Diana Nyad's book Find a Way, if you haven't had a chance to read it, give it a go, it is so inspiring.  She was 64 years old (in 2015) when she swam from Cuba to Key West, the story makes me feel like getting off my butt isn't so hard afterall.

A good way to get fit, buy a basketball for under $20, and shoot some hoops.

Just realized I forgot something in my smoothie recipe, I asked a mod to add it if they get a chance, it also has one large tomato. D'oh!

If the weather holds, we're going kayaking tomorrow!! Then the usual trip to the pool for a nice long swim on Sunday. Hope all you gals are finding ways to move a bit.

I'm going to have to try one of those smoothies. I've always been more of a fruit smoothie kind of gal but I'm willing to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For moving today I have physical therapy/torture

Cammalu said:
For moving today I have physical therapy/torture

Heard that!  I never quite understood why I voluntarily did that to myself. :p

I know huh ☹️.

Just finished a fantastic swim, everything clicked and it felt effortless, yay!

No way would I "Find a Way" to swim in shark infested waters (with or without a cage!); though I plan to read it to succeed in fulfilling other dreams!
Thanks Queen! :)

Gardenias said:
No way would I "Find a Way" to swim in shark infested waters (with or without a cage!); though I plan to read it to succeed in fulfilling other dreams!
Thanks Queen! :)

Good plan!!

I'll freely admit that while I don't mind sea creatures at all; when I was swimming off the coast of Key West and looked over to the right and saw a black tip shark bigger than me... I gracefully exited the water and ceded the swim to the shark!   :p

Aw hell Queen! One of my greatest fears!!!!!!! I'd have fainted and drowned and he would have gotten me anyway!!!

Made me LOL, Cammalu! Trust me, we all have our "thing" if I were to see a snake in the water, I'd either die of a heart attack or be walking on water to get away!!!

Fine, you run the sharks off and I'll pick up the snakes and take them elsewhere!

Not afraid of snakes but get a Palmetto Bug (giant flying cockroach) within ten foot of me and watch me run.  It's one reason I left Florida.  On a happier note, I swapped soda for water, cut out the sweets and have been keeping cals under 1500.  Down four pounds in less than a week, water weight I know but still a good thing.  Stress from the job situation is getting worse though.  I will know tomorrow if I have a new (better) job but did cheat today and eat a Mrs Freshly's raspberry creme filled cake.  390 cals, way too much for emotional eating. 

My new obsession is the take it and bake it package at my local grocery store.  A piece of Tilapia, salmon or shrimp, pick favorite veggies (summer squash, broccoli, and zucchini are mine)   Choice of seasoning (lemon pepper) and they put into a sealed foil pouch. Into the toaster oven to steam for 15 minutes and yum.  $5.99 so cheaper than buying it separately.

I'm afraid a palmetto bug could be worse than a shark also. There were plenty in Hawaii and I was in my shower one day when one ran across my foot. I jumped out and ran out onto the balcony trying to hide behind a chair out there - nekkid. I didn't even care. Screams for my roommate sent her running for the manager who came right up and took care of things. Those bugs are pure evil!!!!!

Queen, I live in the Florida Panhandle, is your place in the middle part or far southern part. I have a daughter that lives in Sarasota but I have never been on that side of Florida, yet. I have been to Miami and on the Atlantic side to visit. I was born & raised in central Ohio & moved to Florida when I was 28 & somehow 42 yrs. just flew by down here and I love Florida, especially the white beaches we have in our beautiful county. I did not like the beaches of Miami & on the Atlantic side.

Latest posts