WOMEN ONLY: Howdy nomadic sisters!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparrow

Reaction score
I'm new to the women's forum, and wondered if there are any annual gathering's or events specifically for vandwelling / nomad women? 

I also wondered if there are women from the northeast or east coast? Would be great to connect with other women with interest and insight in the nomadic lifestyle....

Lots and lots of questions and trying to maintain hope that I can make this happen  :)

Welcome Sparrow. I am a west coast nomad. I do not know of any female nomad get togethers, but I would enjoy going to one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a women's RV club, here's the link:  https://www.rvingwomen.org/ There are local chapters to this as well.  eg:  West Coast has the Cascadia Chapter which is Washington & BC, there is also an Oregon chapter.  They do rallies etc.  I personally have not attended, but will make attempt sometime in the future.  

Safe Travels,
KathyJO

Kathy, when u get ready to go to one let us know here. I might be interested in attending. I joined one raving women's group for awhile - don't know which one - but it was so raunchy I left. I can joke but they took it to a level I wasn't comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi KathyJo - thx for the link I will check it out!  :)

Hi Cammalu - thanks for posting I'm definitely NOT interested in raunchy or over the top either I'd have to flee...LOL... Bob's video's there seems to be lots of down to earth women traveling and vandwelling out there....Hope to see you all at the RTR either this year or next!

I have met some women vandwellers/RVers out here while working at Yellowstone which is pretty cool, too. We have all decided to stay in touch and help each other out. I have also met married women RVers out here as well that I have become friends with. That's cool, too.  :D 

There's some of us that are planning on working at Grand Canyon for the winter season after the season ends here at Yellowstone. After my youngest daughter's wedding in November, I will be joining my friends. I'm looking forward to it. 

VanGrrl57 :)

Welcome sparrow! I'm a bird too- a towhee.

And a west coast (so far) nomad.

I don't know of gatherings for women but I am interested.

I'm disappointed that the Michigan women's music festival is no more. From what I've seen there are lots of RVs there and I'm sure some are long term travelers.

I once encountered a group called "birds of a feather". They do organized rallies with catered meals and they had a band come in for a dance. That wasn't my scene and still isn't so I didn't follow up with that group.

If you can come to the Rtr the women's meetings (Friday's at 2 usually) would be a good place to ask that question.

^^^ I miss MichFest too, always wanted to be able to go in a camper instead of a tent.

Hi Sparrow!

Love your idea of a group meet up! I did have a membership to RVing women but I let it lapse. They do have a van dwelling forum if I remember right, but it seemed more geared to RVs. I plan to renew my membership though, it seems like a good group and they have chapters in the Northeast.

I'm in the Adirondacks on the East Coast right now, traveling solo in my Mini-van, staying at free campsites as much as possible.

As far as raunchy though, I hate to say it but I can have a potty mouth at times! (What was the name of that group??)

Happy Trails!

Mary Ellen

CoachOnTheRoad said:
As far as raunchy though, I hate to say it but I can have a potty mouth at times! (What was the name of that group??)

Happy Trails!

Mary Ellen

Maryellen a potty mouth wouldn't have made me leave. The group had members that were explicit in the posts.

Aww yes that is different. I hope I didn't offend, not my intention for sure! 

As I said I'm in the Adirondacks on the East Coast. I had to go back to home base for a few days but will back up in the Adirondacks in a week or so. Would definitely be interested in meeting up with sister travelers!

Mary Ellen

VanGrrl57 said:
I have met some women vandwellers/RVers out here while working at Yellowstone which is pretty cool, too. We have all decided to stay in touch and help each other out. I have also met married women RVers out here as well that I have become friends with. That's cool, too.  :D 

Hi VanGrrl57 thanks for the note. That sounds like a great support to have especially when first starting out, since there are (at least for me) some fears about safety and getting insight to other women's experience would be really helpful...That's exactly what I was hoping a women's group might offer and glad you found some friends who look out for each other!

towhee said:
Welcome sparrow!  I'm a bird too- a towhee.

If you can come to the Rtr the women's meetings (Friday's at 2 usually) would be a good place to ask that question.

Love the name and I've learned about Towhee's before they are beautiful birds!  On a side note, have you heard of Bower birds who decorate their nests? Google some images if you'd like they are Amazing!! 

The RTR is about 3000 miles for me. Hoping to make it this year, if not then next year for sure : )

CoachOnTheRoad said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"Maryellen a potty mouth wouldn't have made me leave. The group had members that were explicit in the posts."
[/font]

I agree with Cammalu and anything explicit / raunchy is definitely not my style and would send me fleeing!

CoachOnTheRoad said:
As I said I'm in the Adirondacks on the East Coast. I had to go back to home base for a few days but will back up in the Adirondacks in a week or so. Would definitely be interested in meeting up with sister travelers!

Mary Ellen
Hi Mary Ellen! 

Thanks for posting I'm in the northeast as well. I found this group pretty recently and just beginning this journey and don't have my van set up yet. In the process of collecting repurposed materials and hopefully I will get to do some stealth camping / boondocking before the end of the summer! Would love to hear where you've been in the northeast or ADK's and hope it's going well for you!

Hello Vangrrl57, I'm also interested in getting together with a few others. Let me know where you are camping. I can relocate. Thanks, GypsyB

Latest posts